Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa "Panorama Lounge" in Frankfurt

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Lufthansa "Panorama Lounge" in Frankfurt

Lufthansa will open a new "Panorama Lounge" at Frankfurt airport near gate A26 in the Schengen area on December 11, according to advertisings in the business class lounge. Apparently it will be located on the gate level, so under the current business class lounge near gate A26.

I think Lufthansa had a lounge there years ago, but the space was then used by Frankfurt airport. Think this will help with the crowding issues in the A-area lounges.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Any idea what kind of a lounge it's supposed to be? SEN?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:31 am
Original Poster

One of the lounge attendants in the current A26 business lounge said it would be open to both to business class and Star Gold passengers, so similar to the current business lounges, but apparently a different design because they're reusing the furniture that was put in by Frankfurt Airport. The food would also be different, described as "finger food".
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The previous panorama lounge was closed due to fire safety issues and converted into a transit hotel?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 3:09 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
There used to be SEN and BIZ lounges near gate A26 but they closed in 2012 when “new” lounges opened at the same time as the extension of A/Z Pier. (See first photo)

It was thought at the time the space would be turned into an additional SEN lounge but it never happened and the space was left empty for a while. The next two photos were taken a year later through closed doors. It then became a non-LH lounge which may explain different furniture from other lounges.
Attached Images    
htb and PAX_fips like this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 4:24 am

Programs: LH M+M
Panorama at Gate level?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:17 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PAX_fips
Panorama at Gate level?
Indeed! By the way “Panorama Lounge” was (is?) the infamous lounge in ZRH Dock E we had to suffer before LX opened its own lounges there. The lounge in FRA which had to be closed was the “Tower Lounge”.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Mycloud Hotel still operates in the tower lounge area. I don't know how they squeezed 59 rooms in there.
https://poi.frankfurt-airport.com/de...-transit-hotel

If you look at level 2 on the map in the link above you can see the old A26 SEN/C lounge.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:03 am

Apparently I can't post URLs yet but if you search for "Lufthansa expands lounge offering at Frankfurt Airport" the first result should be the press release with photos.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by supine
Apparently I can't post URLs yet but if you search for "Lufthansa expands lounge offering at Frankfurt Airport" the first result should be the press release with photos.
https://newsroom.lufthansagroup.com/...1-b9a7eedc2482
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:17 am
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
According to the link, it's already open! I missed it the other day.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:50 am

The Panorama Lounge is open from Mondays to Fridays between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m.
That’s seems surprising? All the other lounges are open pretty much from the first to last flight, right?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:56 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by supine
Thanks, and welcome to Flyer Talk, supine!
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Looks quite alright. Shame I probably won't have time to visit it any time soon.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:09 pm

I hope it is not just a switch from upstairs to downstairs... Do we have confirmation that the current A26 lounge remains open?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.