Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa "Panorama Lounge" in Frankfurt

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:45 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by curt
I hope it is not just a switch from upstairs to downstairs... Do we have confirmation that the current A26 lounge remains open?
For whatever it’s worth: The LH speaker said LH wants to increase capacity. Hope he keeps this promise.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:10 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by klausa

That’s seems surprising? All the other lounges are open pretty much from the first to last flight, right?
The purpose of this lounge is to provide extra capacity during the busy hours. No need to keep staffing it when the regular lounge capacity is sufficient. @:-)
worldclubber likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by airoli
The purpose of this lounge is to provide extra capacity during the busy hours. No need to keep staffing it when the regular lounge capacity is sufficient. @:-)
I think it makes a lot of sense to boost capacity when there is more demand and would call the lounge a welcome addition to FRA lounge offering.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: M&M Senator, IHG Spire Elite
Now everybody will move from upstairs ground floor... But SEN lounge will be also welcomed there... :-)
FS_FRA likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:41 am

It's a relatively large lounge with several isolated spaces, so not one big open space. This makes it a heaven of tranquility vs the chronically overcrowded SEN lounge, especially with current low occupancy due to the lounge not being well known (although there is a sign announcing it at the entrance of the business lounge next to the duty-free).

Interior design is atypical LH, the lounge has a modern American touch and looks IMHO better than the other lounges. Food isn't same level as SEN lounge but good enough for me. Soft drinks are poured from actual bottles instead of syrup mixers (which is a plus). There is a shower (not sure if more than one).

Enjoy it while the tranquility lasts.

While I was there, I saw several LH employees coming in to check the new lounge out.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
well, let's hope for a gate change tomorrow, so I can check it out. As it is now for ASW-A05 transit on a rather short connection, doesn't look like it's in the cards. Sadly.

edit: the gods of transfer weren't merciful enough.
I made the (bus-bus in the end) connection, but now I'm sitting in a 30+ minute delayed Austrian flight. I'd rather have gone to check out the lounge.
Well at least I can spend time getting acquainted with the finer points of the famous throne seat (complete with crown embroidery in my case) and not sitting stuck in the back of a narrowbody like happened to me last in Warsaw...

Last edited by Fabo.sk; Dec 21, 2018 at 2:25 am
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:50 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I am there now and it is very quiet, I think there are ten people at most spread out over all the small rooms. It is downstairs, and not signed yet. Very nice and quiet, the food looks nice too but I did not partake yet.
Pictures taken a few minutes ago:

Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Looks great, will check it out next time!
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:01 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Mycloud Hotel still operates in the tower lounge area. I don't know how they squeezed 59 rooms in there.
https://poi.frankfurt-airport.com/de...-transit-hotel
Think Japanese capsule hotels.....
Old May 8, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by JFSV
Looks great, will check it out next time!
The arco lamp looks cool. The rest of the furniture is too heavy for my taste. I prefer the LX E lounges in ZRH in this respect.
gojko88 likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by Nic33
The arco lamp looks cool. The rest of the furniture is too heavy for my taste.
I like the interior, it is refreshing different for a LH lounge but at the same time I always wonder if I not by accident found myself lost in a US Marriott. Some of the sofa/couches are really comfy, actually last time I arrived early morning from a hard night of work and travel I had a good nap there.

The best thing about this lounge is that there are at least 4 to 5 different small rooms which give you some feeling of privacy as long as the lounge isn't overcrowded. I haven't seen it very busy yet, probably because very few people know about it and there is no signage pointing towards it at the moment.
Old May 8, 2019, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by fassy
I haven't seen it very busy yet, probably because very few people know about it and there is no signage pointing towards it at the moment.
Same here, I have only seen it quiet since it opened. Hope it will stay.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Same here, I have only seen it quiet since it opened. Hope it will stay.
Should delete this thread then
lhrpete and NewbieRunner like this.
Old May 8, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Furniture tastes aside, I'm also one that likes this lounge. More comfortable to me than the regular ones and I liked the healthier food offerings.
Old May 9, 2019, 5:39 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I am also a fan of this lounge, I always go there by default rather than the SEN lounge gate A50

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.