FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Lounge at Manchester T1 - Disgrace (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1935180-lounge-manchester-t1-disgrace.html)

NewbieRunner Oct 15, 2018 5:29 am

Originally Posted by mtresc (Post 30316659)
Acc. to their webiste, LX is using the Wilmslow Lounge in MAN.

Is it any good or better than Aspire? Any experience here with this lounge?

Information on swiss.com is out of date. The Wilmslow Lounge is the old name for the Aspire Lounge in T1 which is now used by LX.

Originally Posted by The Wolf (Post 30313678)
I just don't bother going into these kind of lounges anymore and rather have a coffee or a beer in a regular café or bar and actually enjoy it.

That’s exactly what the airline wants to save money. :rolleyes:

The Wolf Oct 15, 2018 5:42 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 30316693)

Believe me, they are on top of things and definitely reading these kinds of topics.
But to do you a favor, next time I'll go there, register my BP and walk straight out again ;)

AlicorporateUK Oct 15, 2018 5:48 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 30316693)

The so-called SASification which, hopefully, others will not follow suit (mostly when it comes to lounge access) ;)

G

angelats Oct 16, 2018 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover (Post 30308835)
Flown from GLA four times this year on LH. Twice in C, Twice in Y. No issues to get into the (crap) lounge. I thought the attendant was actually very friendly. But I think this one is run by the airport?

True about priority boarding, but you obviously are not aware its only in the past 6 months or something (I posted my own thread on this) that LH arranged Fast Track security in both EDI and GLA. We are lucky there is even an alternate!
For this Winter season LH will fly mainline to both MUC and FRA from GLA & EDI, plus EW I think.

I must have been unlucky with the attendants - the last time I flew was in May and the attendant ended up having to check with her manager that they had a contract with Lufthansa. Never had a problem using priority security though, and I‘ve been using the route since it started. Hopefully it will all
be a bit more consistent in the future!

andywaw Mar 8, 2019 11:08 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 30309025)
I thought the Aspire Lounge (aka Lounge 26) at AMS was worse than the MAN T1 Aspire Lounge. And it’s a looong way from LH departure gates.

A new Star Alliance lounge at Amsterdam airport is now open.
New Star Alliance Amsterdam Lounge

worldclubber Mar 8, 2019 11:17 am

Originally Posted by andywaw (Post 30862907)
A new Star Alliance lounge at Amsterdam airport is now open.
New Star Alliance Amsterdam Lounge

That's good to hear.

Hope it's better than both the AMS Aspire lounge and the lounge at MAN.

chris63 Mar 8, 2019 11:49 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber (Post 30862949)
That's good to hear.

Hope it's better than both the AMS Aspire lounge and the lounge at MAN.

How could it possibly be worse ? The mind boggles :D

worldclubber Mar 8, 2019 11:58 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 30863078)
How could it possibly be worse ? The mind boggles :D

:D

That's, of course, hard to imagine. ;)

andywaw Mar 8, 2019 12:14 pm

Pictures look good, let's hope at least it's going to be less crowded, assuming that Priority Pass will stick to Aspire.

worldclubber Mar 8, 2019 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by andywaw (Post 30863181)
Pictures look good, let's hope at least it's going to be less crowded, assuming that Priority Pass will stick to Aspire.

Yes, overcrowding is certainly one of the many good reasons to dislike the Aspire lounge. ;)

Bratislava Blade Apr 6, 2019 5:35 am

Well for Eurowings customers the T1 lounge will not be an issue after April as the flights will leave from T2, if the lounge there is to be the Escape lounge then another problem solved as it is almost always full. Is Manchester the least business traveler friendly airport ? Probably yes.

chris63 Apr 6, 2019 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by Bratislava Blade (Post 30971220)
Well for Eurowings customers the T1 lounge will not be an issue after April as the flights will leave from T2, if the lounge there is to be the Escape lounge then another problem solved as it is almost always full. Is Manchester the least business traveler friendly airport ? Probably yes.

MAN T1 seems to be set up for shopping & fast food, they don’t seem to give a monkeys about business pax....

NewbieRunner Apr 15, 2019 8:14 am

I came through MAN T1 this morning for the first time in a while and it was like a different airport. No wait at check-in, no queue at priority security (and I managed to bypass the body scanner - happens about 50% of the time) and the Aspire Lounge was quiet!

Have people started avoiding MAN?

chris63 Apr 15, 2019 8:30 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 31002315)
I came through MAN T1 this morning for the first time in a while and it was like a different airport. No wait at check-in, no queue at priority security (and I managed to bypass the body scanner - happens about 50% of the time) and the Aspire Lounge was quiet!

Have people started avoiding MAN?

Lucky you .... but we do need that different airport ;)

Probably you were lucky with your timing, imagine the carnage coming up this weekend....

Avoiding the failings of MAN is a lovely thought but where does one go ? BHX is a close second in the downhill rankings

lhrpete Apr 15, 2019 10:49 am

I think the reality is that most UK airports are more or less cr*p.

My home airport is LHR and it varies enormously from minute to minute, terminal by terminal.

I've given up on UK domestic air travel because between the awful security experiences - MAN & NCL stars of the show here and BA's over stuffed planes with the flight by flight battle of the hand luggage it's just not worth the stress.

The train is so much better.