FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Lounge at Manchester T1 - Disgrace (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1935180-lounge-manchester-t1-disgrace.html)

Silver Fox Dec 15, 2019 3:06 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 31838946)
MAN plumbing the depts again, changed the security set up.... again..... fast track provided by the airline is now a separate channel, which feeds into lane 4, which is also used by every Man & His Dog, so a 5 minute wait, meanwhile there is a ‘Premuim channel, pre paid & there was literally nobody using it this a.m, an entire belt staffed with nothing to do ...... you couldn’t make it up. :mad:

Shurely every MAN and his dog? :)

Fabo.sk Dec 15, 2019 9:42 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber (Post 31841430)
That should put it at least above AMS, where several moving walkways and some escalators are broken at the moment.

2/6 working on my way to B gates this morning. Which was just great seeing as I messed up my timing and passed security as if for gate close time instead of boarding open time.

IAN-UK Dec 15, 2019 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 31841369)
Not only the lifts and the escalator to the station walkway were working, but so were ALL six moving walkways (three pairs) last week! Was it a record?

I gave credit where credit is due in a post to Another Thread :)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31824108-post104.html

And as a postscript, Saturday saw me sailing up the escalator to T3 check in. The walkways within T1 may well be working too: I'm being generous because experience and habit mean I don't bother with them.

Fingers have clearly been pulled out: may they long remain that way,

NewbieRunner Dec 15, 2019 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 31842783)
The walkways within T1 may well be working too: I'm being generous because experience and habit mean I don't bother with them.

You mean the walkway going towards 2x and 3x gates? I don’t think it has worked in years.

chris63 Dec 15, 2019 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 31842905)
You mean the walkway going towards 2x and 3x gates? I don’t think it has worked in years.

Those were certainly not working on Saturday

NewbieRunner Dec 20, 2019 1:34 am

Does this tell us anything? :D

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...498a3a0bf.jpeg

chris63 Dec 20, 2019 6:14 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 31859465)

Fabulous :D

Yes, that says it all. !!

hugolover Dec 20, 2019 3:47 pm

Oh Allah... what a dump of an airport. Once per year is enough for me... here’s to December 2020!

Anyone up North I can really recommend using GLA on LH over MAN especially with the Lomond Lounge, which is a really nice facility.

chris63 Mar 10, 2020 6:25 am

Every cloud has a silver lining if you look hard enough, today the ‘Aspire’ lounge was clean & almost empty, similarly my flight from MAN- MUC

hugolover Dec 2, 2020 6:50 am

Aspire is due to re-open at MAN 05 DEC. I believe Escape around the same time.

Yes, I know they're crap, but its the only lounge to get a bevvie on a LH trip for the time being.

Did I forget to mention that Helga's €9 billy coffers are currently not paying for this lounge? :D Luckily, PP is in hand!

hugolover Nov 25, 2021 7:46 am

For the late LX there is no lounge access, and not even possible to use Escape with PP (probably would be denied anyway), though it is open, it becomes an exclusive haven for EK

My partner asked "why are the ceilings so low", its just a dump darling, breathe easy and soon we will be gone

All shoes off, no seats to sit down, begrudgingly will fetch the plastic socks

My hair straighteners out of carry on and irons (a pax actually had an iron in a carry on :D), as many trays as possible, was not allowed to put laptop in the same tray as my jacket, cannot cope with two liquids bags in the same tray for two pax...

They hate pax, that's why the lounges are shut, they exist for them, not as a service to you

Just a DUMP. DUMP, DUMP, DUMP

chris63 Nov 25, 2021 8:38 am

Originally Posted by hugolover (Post 33758156)
For the late LX there is no lounge access, and not even possible to use Escape with PP (probably would be denied anyway), though it is open, it becomes an exclusive haven for EK

My partner asked "why are the ceilings so low", its just a dump darling, breathe easy and soon we will be gone

All shoes off, no seats to sit down, begrudgingly will fetch the plastic socks

My hair straighteners out of carry on and irons (a pax actually had an iron in a carry on :D), as many trays as possible, was not allowed to put laptop in the same tray as my jacket, cannot cope with two liquids bags in the same tray for two pax...

They hate pax, that's why the lounges are shut, they exist for them, not as a service to you

Just a DUMP. DUMP, DUMP, DUMP

Yes, absolutely nothing has improved at MAN & ‘Aspire’ continues as before, one of the worst lounges out there....

Maestro Ramen Jan 17, 2022 8:06 am

Going to depart MAN in November for a companion fare in F (excited as hell!).

I guess it makes no difference and you still get the Aspire? No chance to get the privair or at least 1903? (which is a good lounge tbh, thank you AF/KL for being good to me!)

I managed to route MAN-FRA-HKG-BKK-SIN-ZRH-MAN with decent layover durations so there will be much lounging around. I'm sure the experience at the Manchester Aspire will be hard to beat.

chris63 Jan 17, 2022 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen (Post 33909426)
Going to depart MAN in November for a companion fare in F (excited as hell!).

I guess it makes no difference and you still get the Aspire? No chance to get the privair or at least 1903?

I'm sure the experience at the Manchester Aspire will be hard to beat.

LH have had lots of complaints about Aspire but since they only just renewed the contract I imagine we are stuck with it, even HON in F have to use Aspire at MAN 🤬

IsleSeat Jan 19, 2022 8:54 am

AMS Aspire lounge No. 26

Originally Posted by worldclubber (Post 30310307)
It's certainly bad, but at least it has bathrooms in the lounge and a more quiet area to the left of the entrance. As long as one does not want to eat or drink anything there, it is usually OK to wait for departure. I totally agree on the long way to the LH gates, though.

Indeed this lounge is a disgrace. Apart from the distances to any gate, everything and anything about this lounge is mediocre. Food offerings are appalling and drink choices are either non existent or cheap. I think a notice to Priority Pass is in order.
And then there are the early evening closing hours, 18.30, which left me with 3 additional hours in the common areas, where, for a hefty price, I was able to eat and drink well