Wiki Posts
Search

250k Miles for Prestige Membership with ASMALLWORLD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2018, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
250k Miles for Prestige Membership with ASMALLWORLD

I think all of these social groups/clubs are definitely on the sillier side. I have some friends who are part of ASW in particular and I struggle to see the value for the price.

Anyways, I saw an offer today that's intriguing, especially if you're a SEN or above. If you get a prestige membership at ASW, which costs EUR 5900, you get 250k miles. This might be a good value proposition.

Consider that a TATL flight in F costs 175,000 miles. And if you're a senator, you get the second ticket for half the miles. That's 262,500 miles. Basically, for 5900 EUR you get almost two first class tickets (which are flexible, both geographically and refund-wise). You also get the highest tier ASW membership. Let's just assume that's worthless for now, the points make it seem worth it alone.

Anyways, just thought I'd post this here. I think it's decent value but could be way off.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:29 am

The miles seem to be very expensive considering all the other ways (other than flying) to generate miles. Are you trying to push this club?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:50 am
Original Poster

So the moderators had to approve this thread. It was approved.

My other posts (you can check my post history) are unrelated to ASW.

And also, just to be very clear, I think ASW is stupid. And I said similar things in the original post. I guess you could accuse me of reverse psychology. But that's pointless mental gymnastics.

Anyways, onto the more serious and substantive convo...

Tell me where else I can get points as efficiently (for money) instead of butt-in-seat?
1) M&M Credit Card -- I have this and I use it.
2) Buy SPG points -- There's an annual maximum and also SPG is basically done. IDK if you can buy Marriott points. Haven't done the analysis yet.

Can't think of anything else. I suppose you could do those M&M offers, but unclear if anything offers as much as 250k points (admittedly I haven't checked).

I literally only saw this when I read the M&M newsletter. I ordinarily disregard these things, but then I thought about it a little and it seemed intriguing.

Not sure if I'm going to do it, personally.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: SN SEN*, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Spire Elite
I am / was intrigued as well. 250K miles for 5900 Euro does seem like a good deal. I am SEN, but mostly flying within Europe, I can tell you that for flying 5900 Euro you could barely get 40.000 status miles. I burn miles regularly but always with family of 4, so they go quickly and often we even redeem in economy :-(. The milage needed for 4x international business class tickets is a lot, even if your lucky enough to find a business class award seat with companion award.
So it did get my attention, the only big draw back is, I would need to fund this myself. Regular earning is company paid, for whic I am very grateful.

Keeping the math simple, let's say I spend about on average 500 Euro for a retun flight within Europe (flex ticket as that is allowed per company policy), this gets me about :
2500 Status miles (1250 each way) (& status miles 2500 + 626 Senator Exectuive bonus)
I book with Premium Amex Brussels Airlines, that give me an extra award miles of 750 (1.5 x 500 euro).
So on average I need to spend 500 Euro for a max value of 3250 award miles (2500 accrual + 750 credit card)
If I did this 12 times, I would have spend 6000 Euro and got 39000 award miles.

So I do think it is an offer to think about. Though with 250k miles you don't go in business with 4. I am not sure.

About the other membership benefits, they do not seem very appealing, those 'parties' where are they even held? Which countries? And they don;t say anything about admission fees, I would not be surprised you need to pay to just go to the dinners/party on top of it (and extra travel expenses to get there).

For those intrigued ones, I've attached their brochure pages (not in right order, could not upload pdf)
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:24 am

As far as I know it costs EUR 5.200,- per year.

You get 250k M&M miles (per year), GHA Black, DragonPass Prestige Plan, Jumeirah Sirius Gold and the services, they are focused on. So it's not just about buying M&M miles.

I think, if everything matches, it could be a good deal. For others, it doesn't make much sense.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: LX SEN
To me, it is a very bad deal. The point's guy valuation is 1.4c per mile (https://thepointsguy.com/guide/monthly-valuations/) which is consistent with what a M&M mile is worth to me.

About 6250$ (the ASW price in $) for 250'000 miles corresponds to 2.5c per mile.

Coop sells 2000 miles for CHF 35, which is about 1.75c per mile.

Last edited by Nic33; Oct 18, 2018 at 3:42 pm Reason: typos
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
The miles seem to be very expensive considering all the other ways (other than flying) to generate miles. Are you trying to push this club?
Yes, she is trying. And so is gryomosy with his 10 posts and his "So I do think it is an offer to think about".

There is actually nothing wrong about referals to such offers. It is just that the posts sound weird.

" Regular earning is company paid, for whic I am very grateful" is sweet, hahahaha.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The offer is now being advertised on M&M:

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin..._hprevstg__asw

Terms and conditions

• Payment options are according to ASMALLWORLD.COM.
  • Miles & More members will receive award miles for their enrollment with ASMALLWORLD in the ACCESS and LIFETIME packages. Frequent Travellers will be able to earn 3,500 award miles, Senators will be able to earn 4,000 award miles, HON Circle Members will be able to earn 5,000 award miles, all other Miles & More members will be able to earn 3,000 award miles.
  • All Miles & More members will receive 250,000 award miles for their enrollment with ASMALLWORLD in the PRESTIGE package.
  • The miles will usually be credited within five (5) business days after the receipt of the ASMALLWORLD membership confirmation which will be provided by ASMALLWORLD.
  • Miles are only credited for an ASMALLWORLD enrollment and are not credited for further purchases with ASMALLWORLD.
  • 250,000M per year for a Prestige membership
  • 3,000M as a sign-up bonus for an Access or Lifetime membership
  • Access to a private community of accomplished, sociable and worldly members
  • Access to over 1,000 exclusive events and experiences per year, globally
  • Trusted insider advice
  • First-class ASW-exclusive privileges from strong brand partners

Prestige membership

5,200 euros per year

Access to the ASW-community

250,000M per year

Premium membership to the World’s Finest Clubs, granting exclusive access to over 200 nightlife venues around the world

Unlimited access to 970+ airport lounges with DragonPass

Platinum status with SIXT

Discovery Black status with Global Hotel Alliance

SilverSmith status with Mr. and Mrs. Smith

In addition, as an introductory offer for the first two months, members are granted SPG Gold status
Asmallworld seems to have acquired 'First Class & More' which was the infamous newsletter of Dr König.... so if you subscribed to his newsletter, you will get a membership with asw soon...
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Asmallworld seems to have acquired 'First Class & More' which was the infamous newsletter of Dr König.... so if you subscribed to his newsletter, you will get a membership with asw soon...
Where did you get that information from? (I am a First Class & More subscriber and haven't heard anything about it).
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by JohnRain
Where did you get that information from? (I am a First Class & More subscriber and haven't heard anything about it).
https://www.asmallworldag.com/news/1724627

Zurich, 5.10.2018 - Today, ASMALLWORLD AG announces that it has successfully executed the acquisition of First Class & More International GmbH, a subscription-based luxury travel community operating in the DACH region with plans to expand globally. At the same time, ASMALLWORLD raises its 2018 revenue guidance by CHF 1M and announces acceleration of path to profitability. ASMALLWORLD AG has successfully acquired 100% of the shares of First Class & More International GmbH (First Class & More), effective as of October 5, 2018. The company and its subsidiary will be fully consolidated going forward.
JohnRain likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Generally, it sounds like a pretty terrible deal if the sole/main purpose is to earn M&M miles.

*IF* one happens to have SEN/HON status, spending ~6500Euros (subscription fee + taxes/fees/surcharges on the award tickets) could theortically make some sense:

(1) if one lives near FRA/MUC (and to a lesser degree in Europe)
(2) if LH flies to the desired destination non-stop
(3) if one has a strong preference for non-stop flights
(4) if one is fairly flexible date-wise (given the capacity controls for F awards)
(5) if one has minimal time/interest to bother with other ways to earn miles at a lower cpm
(6) spends several hundred k miles per year (i.e. the ability to earn more miles is limited)
(7) possibly sees some value in the other perks associated with the membership

I wouldn't completely rule out that some people may find value in the above offer, but especially after taking into account the capacity controls and the opportunity cost of not earning miles for the trip, it's probably a very limited number of people.
gryomosy likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: SN SEN*, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by Nic33
Yes, she is trying. And so is gryomosy with his 10 posts and his "So I do think it is an offer to think about".

There is actually nothing wrong about referals to such offers. It is just that the posts sound weird.

" Regular earning is company paid, for whic I am very grateful" is sweet, hahahaha.
Lol, well I swear I have nothing to do with ASW. It must be a 'language' things, i.e. lost in translation
Old Aug 5, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: OKplus, M&M, SASEurobonus, Goldpoints, Priority Club, HH & more
Almost a year later - has anyone tried the deal?

Is there somewhere a consolidated list of ways how to get award miles for reasonable price (other ways than flying)?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Didn’t end up doing it, although I think it’s still mayyyybe compelling as SEN/HON as you’d need only 50k miles more for a companion ticket in F to the US. That’s two F tickets to anywhere in the US 6k EUR (plus booking surcharges), so let’s just make it an even 7.5k EUR? Ehhhhhh. I’m sure you can get F tickets for cheaper, but that almost always involves positioning.

On the flip side, you don’t get miles for the travel, so the comparison is not strictly apples-to-apples.

I guess I’m probably in the not worth it camp now.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by sophialite
Didn’t end up doing it, although I think it’s still mayyyybe compelling as SEN/HON as you’d need only 50k miles more for a companion ticket in F to the US. That’s two F tickets to anywhere in the US 6k EUR (plus booking surcharges), so let’s just make it an even 7.5k EUR? Ehhhhhh. I’m sure you can get F tickets for cheaper, but that almost always involves positioning.

On the flip side, you don’t get miles for the travel, so the comparison is not strictly apples-to-apples.

I guess I’m probably in the not worth it camp now.
You're missing the biggest selling argument:
  • Access to a private community of accomplished, sociable and worldly members
Which by definition will make you "accomplished", "sociable" and "worldly" instantly. Just cough up the dough!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.