Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage pooling starting May 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
When I go in my M and M app I get an error, something like no data available, can’t even log in. Is the whole app unusable in the states?
Old May 9, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, M&M
Originally Posted by cas_de
Thanks! Great news.

I just kicked off our family pool and cas_de jr's miles show up on my mileage balance, but no detailed history of his transaction. mrs. cas_de still needs to accept the invitation.
How long did it take for your members to receive their invitation email (request)?
Old May 9, 2018, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
I don't think they receive an invitation e-mail, they get a message when logging into the app.
Old May 9, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, M&M
Originally Posted by goliath
I don't think they receive an invitation e-mail, they get a message when logging into the app.
Well that's embarrassing. Here we are waiting and waiting and waiting for the e-mail.
Yup, it's via the app. Works instantly.
Old May 9, 2018, 2:29 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by mashlakito
How long did it take for your members to receive their invitation email (request)?
The email did reach their inbox within a couple of minutes.

They should get both, though the app says that it can take a while until the message in the M&M inbox is created.
Old May 9, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: LH M&M SEN, Accor Plat
Just to be clear as I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere: when you pool, each individual in the program still earns his or her status miles separately? I ask because M&M offered a family program in the Middle East for years now that allowed members to pool miles but only the main account owner earned status miles
Old May 9, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Do the addresses need to be the same?
Old May 10, 2018, 6:55 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by mywaterbroke
Just to be clear as I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere: when you pool, each individual in the program still earns his or her status miles separately? I ask because M&M offered a family program in the Middle East for years now that allowed members to pool miles but only the main account owner earned status miles

this applies to award miles only. Status miles cannot be pooled.

Originally Posted by frudd38
Do the addresses need to be the same?
no.

Old May 10, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by cas_de

this applies to award miles only. Status miles cannot be pooled.

no.

Thanks, but just realized they really did restrict this to the few euro countries..
Old May 10, 2018, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by frudd38
Thanks, but just realized they really did restrict this to the few euro countries..
Actually, it's only for members living in Germany, Austria and Switzerland (for the moment, at least).
Old May 11, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Have the following question regarding HON/SEN benefits in connection with mileage pooling since the MM FAQs seem silent on this:

For the HON award seat guarantee and the HON/SEN reduced miles companion award, can all miles in the pool be used, or only those in the HON/SENs account?

Thanks!
Old May 12, 2018, 5:06 am

Actually, it's only for members living in Germany, Austria and Switzerland (for the moment, at least).
I'll never understand how such important benefits are limited by residency in certain countries, it's like the rest of their customers are not worthy?

Very discriminatory in my opinion, and no more Lufthansa group flights in my family!
Old May 12, 2018, 5:22 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mbarai
I'll never understand how such important benefits are limited by residency in certain countries, it's like the rest of their customers are not worthy?

Very discriminatory in my opinion, and no more Lufthansa group flights in my family!
it’s probably just a temporary thing... no need to be irrational
goliath likes this.
Old May 12, 2018, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Lewis42
it’s probably just a temporary thing... no need to be irrational
No rational reason for it to be temporary, and I'm not delusional :-)
Grog likes this.
Old May 12, 2018, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by mbarai

Back in the real world, it's probably just been implemented in the 3 home countries as a starting point and will later be expanded to more countries. I'm pretty sure it's not as simple as updating a web page and some T&C, and there are legal and tax issues that must be checked and considered. What you see as 'very discriminatory' is likely the most sensible thing for a multinational company to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.