Community
Wiki Posts
Search

awards on Condor

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:14 am
LUC
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More (FTL), AAdvantage, HH, Marriott Skymiles, Hertz 5 S Gold, Accor,
awards on Condor

In 2017, we are going to take a cruise in Alaska. Departing in Anchorage, arriving in Vancouver.
I was exploring what is possible on Lufthansa or Star Alliance.
On United, timeschedules are not really optimal : Bru or ORD is possible, but then still a long flight from ORD to Anchorage.
On Lufthansa, the most convenient would be BRU-FRA-SEA and then a "relatively" short flight on Alaskan Airlines.
The return flight would be "easier" : Vancouver-FRA-BRU.

But then I came across Condor : in the summer season they have a direct flight from FRA to Anchorage.
I do have a lot of M&M miles to spend, and I was planning to go business as much as possible.

My question : how easy is it to book a business class award on Condor ? What would be availability ?
Does anyone have experience ?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I think you can only book economy awards on Condor, but I would be very happy to be proved wrong. I wonder if, in business, they are a bit like airberlin with a fairly rubbish service concept within Europe and an excellent longhaul business product. Having flown to Lanzarote with both Condor and airberlin, I would rate airberlin ever so slightly above Condor, but FWIW the 'free' catering on Condor was marginally better. It's still that rubbishy low cost BOB catering on both carriers, with indifferent and marginally unfriendly crews. Short hops with airberlin seem to be much better, eg DUS-ZRH.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 6:42 am
LUC
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More (FTL), AAdvantage, HH, Marriott Skymiles, Hertz 5 S Gold, Accor,
According to the M&M website you can book economy awards on Condor online, they don't say anything about business class.
I found some review about the Condor business class longhaul and they were positive.
What is most important for us is the seat, not the food.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 2:56 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Beware Condor uses very old C seats...
Old Dec 26, 2015, 3:12 am
LUC
Original Poster

They don't look that old. Very much like the previous version of the LH business class seats.

And certainly better than economy seats.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:21 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
I would say the blue slide of uncomfort...IS so outdated for a C seat...

Last edited by Germanfflyer; Dec 27, 2015 at 3:01 am
Old Dec 26, 2015, 10:11 pm

On a sidenote: I just checked the miles earning on DE. They used to give 3000 miles (zero status miles) for long haul departures from Germany in Economy class.

In the most common Economy classes, this has been reduced to 125 miles per flight. Long haul! Wow.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by sokolov
On a sidenote: I just checked the miles earning on DE. They used to give 3000 miles (zero status miles) for long haul departures from Germany in Economy class.

In the most common Economy classes, this has been reduced to 125 miles per flight. Long haul! Wow.
Do you know when this devaluation happened?

On a different note, Condor has brand-new business seats across its long haul fleet but they are of the angled-flat variant similar to what LH used until very recently.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by planestupid
Do you know when this devaluation happened?
The date says 30.10.2015 - but I don't know what changed on that date. There devaluation may have happened earlier.

I have to correct myself: The long haul is 250 miles. 125 is for short and medium. Still no serious incentive to fly DE.

And M&M has already announced the next devaluation: "With effect from 1 February 2016, you will earn 125 miles in booking classes A, O and Z on short- and medium-haul routes." On DE's short and medium haul flights, A, O and Z are Economy and currently earn 600 miles. (On longhaul they are Premium Economy and earn 1,250 miles.)

The notes add this: "A few flight numbers may be excluded from earning miles."
Old May 23, 2016, 3:12 pm

Question Award booking class for Condor or Thomas Cook?

I can find award tickets with Miles & More from FRA to TFS on certain dates, but I can't figure out what booking classes are used for award/partner award inventory. Ultimately, I'm hoping to create an alert in EF for award availability. It doesn't seem to be X. Maybe T or U? Thoughts?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 3:18 pm

Condor/Lufthansa award booking

Lufthansa and Condor have one of the few 1 stop flights TLV - PIT but I don't see the flights coming up on Lufthansa's site. Is there a mileage program that will let me book award flights on this route? Star Alliance partners or Alaska Air??
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH's own M&M will alow you to book Condor awards. You need to call in, it cannot be booked online.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:31 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia, Accor Plat
Condor award in J

I thought booking J award online was not possible but I came across some availabilities from CUN to FRA next year.
Not the most desirable but could be helpful.
Old May 2, 2018, 2:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Condor business award is available on long haul DE flights only. Europe and N. African flights only have economy awards on M&M, but include 20K luggage, ie are equivalent to the 'Economy Classic' fare on Condor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.