Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOT operated by/for Nordica EE [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: LuxExpress VIP
AFAIK Arlanda is mostly for transfers and business, not many Estonians in Sweden commuting.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by vanaema78
AFAIK Arlanda is mostly for transfers and business, not many Estonians in Sweden commuting.
Maybe they think there’s a market there for Estonians and Swedes going home for holidays.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 6:01 am

I really can’t see how Nordica can have a CR7 service out of GRQ. One is currently in VIE with a fault of some kind. Their other one is currently operating any CR7 flights they have.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
I recently booked LED-TLL-SPU on LOT with both flights operated by "regional jet" (Nordica). However, the LED-TLL ssgement is operated by an ATR 72, and I wasn't able to select seats for it. I fb messaged Nordica to do so, and they said I wouldn't even earn any *A miles on this segment, but that *G benefits would apply. So are ATR 72 operated flights not full on *A flightss??
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:07 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by marcoos
Nordica (or, to be more precise, LOT's and Nordica's joint-venture Regional Jet) operates ATR72-600s for SAS only, you also generally won't see these planes doing Nordica routes (though initially some TLL-LED flights were operated on them, before the SAS deal went into force).
Originally Posted by iLied
There will be an ATR72-600 for Nordica's own routes. It's also been on TLL-ARN-TLL as well.
Still using the ATR 72 on LED-TLL, and when I asked them, they seemed not certain whether that route counts as a *A flight the way the crj 700/900 flights do.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by zeer0
I recently booked LED-TLL-SPU on LOT with both flights operated by "regional jet" (Nordica). However, the LED-TLL ssgement is operated by an ATR 72, and I wasn't able to select seats for it. I fb messaged Nordica to do so, and they said I wouldn't even earn any *A miles on this segment, but that *G benefits would apply. So are ATR 72 operated flights not full on *A flightss??
Here it’s not the aircraft type that gives miles (same with any *A flight). This comes down to a simple issue, Nordica can’t fly on their own so are borrowing LOT’s certificate and commercial platform. Your ticket if bought from Nordica or LOT will start 080, which is a LOT ticket. Really you’re holding a LOT ticket for two pure Nordica flights, you can always identify this because their numbers are always LO8xxx.

The issue for TLL-LED-TLL is Russia isn’t in the open skies agreement so LOT can’t fly to Russia from Estonia, only from Poland, so Nordica fly there under their own flight code codeshared with LOT and Nordica aren’t in *A hence no miles. I suspect the benefits are there though as it’s a *A ticket. I suspect this is why you can’t choose seats as it’s not a LOT scheduled flight. The codeshare is the Nordica flight number with an 8 in front.

I suspect it could be like a wet leasing contract, the carrier performing the wet lease is in the alliance of the operating carrier when it’s their flights.
zeer0 likes this.

Last edited by iLied; Feb 21, 2018 at 2:59 pm
Old Feb 22, 2018, 3:57 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
GDS display foro LED-TLL:

COMMENTS-
1.LED TLL - COMMERCIAL DUPLICATE - OPERATED BY
REGIONAL JET FOR REGIONAL JET
2.LED TLL - AIRCRAFT OWNER REGIONAL JET
3.LED TLL - COCKPIT CREW REGIONAL JET
4.LED TLL - CABIN CREW REGIONAL JET
5.LED TLL - OPERATIONAL LEG EE 0322

versus TLL-WAW:

COMMENTS-
1.TLL WAW - AIRCRAFT OWNER REGIONAL JET
2.TLL WAW - OPERATED BY REGIONAL JET

IMHO the operational leg info means that - as EE is not a *A carrier - you will not earn miles. Still nice that they are willing to extend standard *G benefits to you...
zeer0 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
GDS display foro LED-TLL:

COMMENTS-
1.LED TLL - COMMERCIAL DUPLICATE - OPERATED BY
REGIONAL JET FOR REGIONAL JET
2.LED TLL - AIRCRAFT OWNER REGIONAL JET
3.LED TLL - COCKPIT CREW REGIONAL JET
4.LED TLL - CABIN CREW REGIONAL JET
5.LED TLL - OPERATIONAL LEG EE 0322

versus TLL-WAW:

COMMENTS-
1.TLL WAW - AIRCRAFT OWNER REGIONAL JET
2.TLL WAW - OPERATED BY REGIONAL JET

IMHO the operational leg info means that - as EE is not a *A carrier - you will not earn miles. Still nice that they are willing to extend standard *G benefits to you...
Thanks for the evidence proving my post about it.

​​​​​​​You can only buy these flights as LO flights on LO tickets, hence the benefits.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:59 pm

Thanks for the info guys! It's a short flight, so the miles aren't a big deal. Interesting to hear all these details.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Todays LO785 from WAW to TLL was a LOT E85 rather than the usual Nordic CR9.

It then flew the LO786 return

Currently tomorrows LO786 is showing as a Nordica CR9
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Todays LO785 from WAW to TLL was a LOT E85 rather than the usual Nordic CR9.

It then flew the LO786 return

Currently tomorrows LO786 is showing as a Nordica CR9
I think occasionally LOT aircraft fly the route. It might be a capacity reason.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I think one of the Nordica aircraft had gone tech in Copenhagen hence this substitution
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:00 am

I think it was always planned this way. Nordica operated extra flights out of Tallinn on this day so I presume more aircraft were needed there.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was recently travelling on a wholly LO booking where the TLL-WAW delay (DT tech) caused me to miss my connecting flight in WAW and arrive in my destination more than 3 hours late.

Would I issue the claim against this lot or LOT?
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
I was recently travelling on a wholly LO booking where the TLL-WAW delay (DT tech) caused me to miss my connecting flight in WAW and arrive in my destination more than 3 hours late.

Would I issue the claim against this lot or LOT?
TLL-WAW-TLL seems to be a bit of a minefield. These are LOT fares and LOT routes. The flight numbers are LOT numbers but it’s wetleased to Nordica.

i would contact LOT. If there is anything with Nordica, LOT will pass it on to them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.