Wiki Posts
Search

"Looted flight" according to the FA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:35 pm
pav

Programs: LH Sen, QR Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
In the First Class lavatory on LX they have a full-size tube of La Prairie hand cream, which almost inevitably disappear before the end of the flight. I'm yet to discover whether cabin crew hide it or a passenger "accidentally" put it in their wash bag.
Perhaps some passengers consider that well-deserved compensation for the terrible size of those supposedly F class lavatories
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: HON, SPG Amb, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Jumeirah Gold, Marriott Plat
In the First Class lavatory on LX they have a full-size tube of La Prairie hand cream, which almost inevitably disappear before the end of the flight. I'm yet to discover whether cabin crew hide it or a passenger "accidentally" put it in their wash bag.
They usually put them away right before landing but its true people steal them very often. Its especially awkward when there are only two people in the cabin and you know exactly who it was. I have however on occasion been given a new pack of face or hand cream upon leaving by the crew.

Last edited by PhileasFoggy; Jan 8, 2017 at 2:23 pm
Old Jan 8, 2017, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
It was while passengers were boarding. Sorry I wasn't clear. For reference, it was on a SEA-FRA flight operated by LH.
Stand your ground, I was the one who misread .
Old Jan 8, 2017, 3:41 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pav
Perhaps some passengers consider that well-deserved compensation for the terrible size of those supposedly F class lavatories
Especially on the A343 with only one lav.

Originally Posted by PhileasFoggy
They usually put them away right before landing but its true people steal them very often. Its especially awkward when there are only two people in the cabin and you know exactly who it was. I have however on occasion been given a new pack of face or hand cream upon leaving by the crew.
I have seen them disappear well before landing which made me think the culprit was one of the passengers. Lesser airlines often put bottles of face lotions, etc. without the top in the lav to stop passengers stealing them.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:43 pm
pav

Programs: LH Sen, QR Gold
Especially on the A343 with only one lav.
Sure the new 777s are better with two F lavatories but still - the one on the right hand side (closer to the cockpit) is super tiny (you're talking Y-size) and the other one on the left is... just small.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:01 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
I have seen them disappear well before landing which made me think the culprit was one of the passengers.
Same here: Just recently on ZRH-DXB the hand cream disappeared about one third into the flight. Only other passenger was a super-arrogant and extremely demanding citizen of the destination city who took up 90 per cent of the attention of the FAs and seemed to consider everything many of us would consider luxury her God-given right...
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

aceboy44 has switched to LX now?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:27 pm
Uli

This is why, experiend frequent flyers either:

-- fly EK which seems to have unlimited supply of such items or
-- on LH/LX the frist frequent flyer using the F loo unscrews those bottles and trashes the caps. usually people will not steal those things if they have no way to close the bottles, thus the bottles can at least be used during the full duration of the flight
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
aceboy44 has switched to LX now?
La Prairie must have been his compensation for the undelivered birthday cake
Old Jan 10, 2017, 6:49 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ber2dca
The title evoked the memory of this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lufthansa_heist

Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:53 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
I've seen the FA collect the La Praerie stuff from the LH/LX toilet before descent. Once she walked on by carrying all the stuff and i said to her: " wow are you going to have yourself a beauty make over? Surely i don't see any wrinkles?

She had to laugh and said it was policy to lock em up before landing. Ah against flying around, No she said against pilfering * off the record on her account she said the Shanghai flight she's worked on get the flasks stolen as soon as the first meal service is done.

I have to admit i sometimes use it a bit to lavishly but to nick the whole thing ~ hmm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.