Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delights to Go [formerly LH Flying Lab grab to go trial] in MUC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2016, 11:42 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Cool Delights to Go [formerly LH Flying Lab grab to go trial] in MUC

It seems LH is trialling a snacks to go concept in FRA this month:

https://flyinglab.lufthansa.com/snackservice?l=en

Just pick up a snack!If you are a passenger in a hurry with no time for a stay in the Senator Lounge, a free snack buffet will be available to you from 14 to 25 November. Simply fill a bag with snacks, take it with you and enjoy it on the go. Our free snack service will be available to you daily – in the foyer of the Senator Lounge, Departures Area A, Frankfurt:
  • Monday to Friday from 06.00 to 17.00 hours
  • Saturday and Sunday from 06.00 to 13.00 hours
  • Plus: Tuesday 15 November and Thursday 24 November from 17.00 to 21.00 hours
  • Your choice of snacks and beveragesThe buffet offers you a choice of vegetarian and non-vegetarian snacks, such as sandwiches, rolls, fresh fruit, Bircher muesli and chocolate bars. Mineral water, tea and coffee are also available for you to take away.

Last edited by oliver2002; Dec 22, 2016 at 5:53 am
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:05 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Seems like a good idea. Hope it's not a warm-up to buy-on-board.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:49 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I did my own DIY sandwich to go in the very same lounge a couple of months ago when I only had 5 minutes. Someone must have been watching.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How convenient that they're testing this during the strike.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 5:28 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Seems like a good idea. Hope it's not a warm-up to buy-on-board.
I hope not as well. LH needs fewer, not more, stupid cost-cutting ideas.

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I did my own DIY sandwich to go in the very same lounge a couple of months ago when I only had 5 minutes. Someone must have been watching.
NewbieRunner, you trend-setter, you.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How convenient that they're testing this during the strike.
That would be very impressive planning indeed to take into account a strike that was first announced nearly a week after the snack trial started. LH is not even very good at managing causal events much of the time.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 3:48 am

Programs: LH Sen, OW Sapphire, Skyteam Gold
Interesting it needs a "Flying Lab" probably staffed with hip 20somethings to come up with something that was standard in the 1980´s and 1990´s. At that time you had a small bag for everyone at the gate with an apple, sandwich, chocolate bar and later a gate buffet from which you could choose items and bring it on board. Perhaps having a better mix of experienced staff and freshmen would make more sense then only employing whiz kids who come up with such "unique" ideas.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:48 am
Uli

Originally Posted by txlflyer
Interesting it needs a "Flying Lab" probably staffed with hip 20somethings to come up with something that was standard in the 1980´s and 1990´s. At that time you had a small bag for everyone at the gate with an apple, sandwich, chocolate bar and later a gate buffet from which you could choose items and bring it on board. Perhaps having a better mix of experienced staff and freshmen would make more sense then only employing whiz kids who come up with such "unique" ideas.
This is an "all-time" LH problem. They use "mystery shoppers" to test their services. And guess what, most of the university freshkids think think that their F class offerings is really good, and so they will love the snack buffet which was already dismissed before those guys were born.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:51 am
Uli

I always remember the "gate buffet" when i visit the VIP area of any Bundesliga stadium: usually you can take Langnese ice cream for free in those areas. And you always see people standing in front of the freezers thinking "how can i take 30 langnese magnum home" ))
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:59 am
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
I more than vividly remember the gate buffet. In March of 1994, at STR, waiting for a feeder to a JFK-FRA (my first ever transatlantic, age 11), there were Mars bars on offer. I wasn't allowed sweets on a regular basis back then, so I feasted on them and ate three.
Upon landing in FRA, the plane had already reached the gate, I vomited these three Mars bars on my orange Diesel jeans. Of course we did not have an extra pair of pants in our carry on, so my mom tried to clean them in the airport bathroom, with little success...
Since then, pretty traumatized by the events, I've been traveling with a complete extra set of clothes in my carry on.

Make your own doggy bag in the lounge is something that BA has been doing for quite a while, I appreciate it.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 11:05 am
Uli

Originally Posted by DTS
I more than vividly remember the gate buffet. In March of 1994, at STR, waiting for a feeder to a JFK-FRA (my first ever transatlantic, age 11), there were Mars bars on offer. I wasn't allowed sweets on a regular basis back then, so I feasted on them and ate three.
Upon landing in FRA, the plane had already reached the gate, I vomited these three Mars bars on my orange Diesel jeans. Of course we did not have an extra pair of pants in our carry on, so my mom tried to clean them in the airport bathroom, with little success...
Since then, pretty traumatized by the events, I've been traveling with a complete extra set of clothes in my carry on.

Make your own doggy bag in the lounge is something that BA has been doing for quite a while, I appreciate it.
OK, that is hard to beat
Old Nov 24, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by Uli
Originally Posted by txlflyer
This is an "all-time" LH problem. They use "mystery shoppers" to test their services. And guess what, most of the university freshkids think think that their F class offerings is really good, and so they will love the snack buffet which was already dismissed before those guys were born.
Didn't take you guys long to go from empty speculation about a program you don't know anything about to blaming all the world's ills on those damned kids with nothing but fabrications borne from your own prejudices.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 5:47 pm

Throwing a bone to the hungry elites after cutting in flight catering? Nothing to sneeze at I reckon.
Always though those grab-n-go breakfast bags from long hauls flights were a pretty good idea too.

Originally Posted by mikkel
Didn't take you guys long to go from empty speculation about a program you don't know anything about to blaming all the world's ills on those damned kids with nothing but fabrications borne from your own prejudices.
Triggered much?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 6:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Didn't Lufthansa have meal bags/boxes that you grabbed before going onboard on short hauls in the 1980's? I seem to recall doing this leaving DUS on short hauls a few times in the late 1980's
Old Nov 25, 2016, 5:00 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DTS
Are you sure it's still allowed?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...eabag-sir.html
Old Nov 26, 2016, 9:25 am

In case anyone is interested in pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/uuUdj

I didn't use the service since I had an hour to kill between the flights, but from the looks of it the sandwiches were the same they serve onboard in Y...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.