Search

Austrian Airlines to introduce premium economy

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL; BAEC Bronze
Austrian Airlines to introduce premium economy

According to: https://www.businesstraveller.com/ai...emium-economy/

German media reports Austrian Airlines will adopt premium economy across its B767 and B777 fleet which operates medium- and long-haul routes.

But don’t get exited too soon. Passengers will have to wait until spring 2018 before the product is installed fleet-wide.

Plans call for the installation of 18 seats in its six B767s and 24 in the carrier’s five B777-200s.

Old Sep 30, 2016, 7:03 am

But don’t get exited too soon.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
wonder about the pricing and all... I've had a chance to fly Y on OS 777 FRA-VIE and I was underwhelmed by the space. Certainly compared with LH Y that I did an actual longhaul in...

Might get a chance to try again, I'll try and select a different seat to discount an unlucky draw last time, but if Y+ is going to be comparable to LH offering, it seems even more worth it than with the mother airline.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
wonder about the pricing and all... I've had a chance to fly Y on OS 777 FRA-VIE and I was underwhelmed by the space. Certainly compared with LH Y that I did an actual longhaul in...

Might get a chance to try again,..
My feelings too. Id never book OS Y longhaul, no matter how great the price. Not even on the 767 as there's still a small substitution risk.

But with a proper PE underway, this would make a major difference. I hope OS gets their mileage credits to MileagePlus sorted out by then.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:14 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
This makes me wonder if LX are likely to get it too. That would actually motivate me to fly LX on long-haul, but right now with their triple-cramp-7 and a3-20-too-many they have no chance of getting my business.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by televisor
This makes me wonder if LX are likely to get it too. That would actually motivate me to fly LX on long-haul, but right now with their triple-cramp-7 and a3-20-too-many they have no chance of getting my business.
Couldn't agree more. The introduction of the Cripple7 with an abomination of a coach class and a space and fuel wasting C cabin and nothing in between was IMO an unacceptable move for the flag carrier of Switzerland.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: LH FTL
good evening
Does anyone has any knowledge about the PE seats on shorthaul flights ?
i booked a flight on OS VIE-FRA operated by 777..I can see the seats as part of the economy cabin in "my bookings" but they are blocked (doubt they are all taken )..Tried calling OS but the lady said i need a PE ticket , after i explained her that there is no PE on intra-european flights she had no idea if i could reserve the seat (for cash ) in advance ..
So wondering if they will open the seats during check-in or something..would be fun to try it out anyone has an insight ?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: SQ, SK, QR
Austrian: Premium Economy retrofit status?

How many of Austrian's 777s have premium economy already? I am flying from HKG > VIE in two weeks; my outbound flight doesn't seem to have PE for sale but the return flight does. Will I have a chance of selecting one of these seats at check-in on the outbound?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Originally Posted by AJ747M
How many of Austrian's 777s have premium economy already? I am flying from HKG > VIE in two weeks; my outbound flight doesn't seem to have PE for sale but the return flight does. Will I have a chance of selecting one of these seats at check-in on the outbound?
I recall that for LH, when the retrofit phase was not completed but the aircraft had PE seats, you could reserve it as a SEN for free. As soon as all the aircraft where equipped with Y+ (I speak about 747-8 since those where the first) and the Y+ officially went for sale you could not and the system has moved the seat reservation. I had the case that I had a ECO ticket GRU-FRA and a Y+ seat reserved. The day before the flight the retrofit was over and Y+ officially went for sale and I got kicked out of the seat, but could buy an upsell for 199 USD at the gate.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by AJ747M
the retrofit should be finished in spring , but before that i think you can select the seat on longhaul flights for 99e in advance (not sure if they charge for it during online check in )..
I'm hoping to get the seat on my upcoming VIE-FRA flight.The seats are blocked now , hopefully they will become selectable during online check in.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: SQ, SK, QR
They have finally opened up seat selection on my flight. The premium economy seats are showing there, but have all been blocked off. I called up and the phone agent said she was unable to select any seats from rows 10-12. So I guess it will be a race for who gets them during online check-in
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Miles ‘n More, Thai Royal Orchid Plus
No food on Austrian Premium Economy according to lufthansa.com

I was trying to book a Premium Economy flight from Berlin to Bangkok using lufthansa.com. It gave me an outbound flight on Lufthansa, but only Austrian was available for the return flight (subsidiary of LH of course). But then I was stopped dead in my tracks when the website insisted that no meals were provided on the entire 13-hour flight from BKK to TXL. I would be OK with that on the short leg from Vienna, but not a long haul! At first I thought I must be reading it wrong – LH’s website is super-overcomplicated. But no, there it was, plain to see: “No meal” on both the booking page and the Fare Details page, for the entire flight – long haul and short feeder run. I threw up my hands and gave up.So I started the booking process again on austrian.com. No problemo. Premium economy outbound and inbound with 3-4 course meals included. And at a phenomenally good price that LH had not offered me. I grabbed it.I’ve shared the info with a Lufthansa contact – obviously a website bug. I couldn’t image Austrian letting passengers on their much-ballyhooed new premium economy starve on a long haul flight, but I wasn’t willing to take a chance that what it was telling me was actually true.

Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Defintitely a bug.

Besides the crew would hardly be able to tell whether you booked your ticket on LH or on OS web anyway.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Would you seriously think they would serve food on economy, but not on premium economy?
hugolover and TTC192Rocket like this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tgj1974
Would you seriously think they would serve food on economy, but not on premium economy?
OP, are you really going to spend €1k on PE to BKK?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.