No more free bag for *G/FTL/SEN on SN in "Check&Go"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

No more free bag for *G/FTL/SEN on SN in "Check&Go"

I didn't see this posted here:

Dear hugolover,

In August last year, we launched four new products on our European network offering passengers an even wider choice of travel. Next to Light&Relax, Flex&Fast and Bizz&Class, we introduced a new hand luggage only product, Check&Go, available from €69.

Right after the introduction of our new travel products, we put in place an interim period during which we honoured your free baggage allowance when travelling in Check&Go. As of February 1st 2015, and in-line with the luggage policy of Check&Go, only hand baggage of up to 12 kg will be free of charge.

As a status Miles & More member, you will however continue to enjoy your free baggage allowance when flying with one of the other three travel products that include checked baggage: Light&Relax, Flex&Fast and Bizz&Class.

Whichever way you choose to travel, the choice is yours!

Please find a complete overview here.

We look forward to welcoming you on board of one of our flights soon.

Yours sincerely,
Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: EBG
Looks like large mistake.
They forgot to name it 'enhancement'...
Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
I didn't see this posted here:
I reported it here. I received the same message today.

Who do they think they are, NZ?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:50 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
So now we have 2 exceptions to one extra piece of baggage for Star Golds:

- NZ 'Seat' fares
- SN 'Check&Go' fares

Grrrrr
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG PLAT
I got the email as well. I wrote them a message on their Facebook page asking for a compensation for tickets already booked for February... *wishful thinking*
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
I dont seen any exceptions or other clauses on the *A webpage next to the bag benefit. Wonder what would happen if status pax would start sending their bills to *A or their FFP.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
This type of stuff amazes me.
Can this really be that much revenue that they feel the need to tell their frequent flyers to just shut up and pay?

And with FR and U2 increasing presence at BRU that's just asking for it...
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by keretey
..They forgot to name it 'enhancement'...
And to stress that the customers actually insisted on this ... so they just gave in to popular demand.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:44 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3442 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by kanor
I dont seen any exceptions or other clauses on the *A webpage next to the bag benefit. Wonder what would happen if status pax would start sending their bills to *A or their FFP.
3. This benefit may only be available if travelling on two or more Star Alliance member airlines on a single ticket. Please contact the Star Alliance member airline with whom you will check-in with for further details.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by weero
And to stress that the customers actually insisted on this ... so they just gave in to popular demand.
Given that FR and EZY are growing big time on BRU and given their hold luggage policies, there might indeed be a market for hand luggage fares only...

I find it rather questionable if SN should pisz off its best customers by removing the free bag. I also find it questionable that SN willingly puts its product on the same level as the aforementioned. To me it'd make more sense to highlight all the benefits of flying with a 'real' airline instead...

What's next? SN out of *A and into ELFAA?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by UltraRant
Given that FR and EZY are growing big time on BRU and given their hold luggage policies, there might indeed be a market for hand luggage fares only...

I find it rather questionable if SN should pisz off its best customers by removing the free bag...
I sure agree ... but if LH thinks it can get away with claiming that the SENs demanded the abolition of the free birthday upgrade voucher, then I am sure "don't give us free luggage" will fly too.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:32 am

SN decided not to honor the *G benefit of free checked baggage for their cheapest flight.

IMHO there are two options: Accept it or take another airline.

Star Alliance just an alliance. The itention of each airline is still to make money. There is no Star Alliance court where the whole SQ staff can be sent to Star Alliance prison for not releasing F/C awards to UA/LM FFP or SN has to pay 1.000.000.000.000.000.000.000 fine for not honoring baggage allowances.

And customers - no matter if they are PlatinumChairmanExecutiveSuperElite - paying 39 EUR for a cheap intra-Europe fare are not the airlines best customer.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:09 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Originally Posted by Tirreg

And customers - no matter if they are PlatinumChairmanExecutiveSuperElite - paying 39 EUR for a cheap intra-Europe fare are not the airlines best customer.
Given a one way BRU-CPH on check and go monday is 250 EUR, wouldn't that be reasonable with a free bag. I would understand if check and go, was a limited number of tickets at ultra low prices well in advance, but in reality its just a new booking class where prices are following the other classes.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by Tirreg
SN decided not to honor the *G benefit of free checked baggage for their cheapest flight.

IMHO there are two options: Accept it or take another airline.
Those are the two only options you can think of?
Star Alliance just an alliance. The itention of each airline is still to make money. There is no Star Alliance court where the whole SQ staff can be sent to Star Alliance prison for not releasing F/C awards to UA/LM FFP
The *A absolutely has a mediation system. The free additional luggage allowance is a minimum *A benefit. C and F of certain routes and dates is not. SQ absolutely provides some inventory to the generic *A pool (i.e. non-KF and non-M&M programs) but not on modern equipment longhauls.
..And customers - no matter if they are PlatinumChairmanExecutiveSuperElite - paying 39 EUR for a cheap intra-Europe fare are not the airlines best customer.
Wait two more years and these will absolutely be the customers LX, LH, and SN will compete over with the pure LCCs.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by weero
I sure agree ... but if LH thinks it can get away with claiming that the SENs demanded the abolition of the free birthday upgrade voucher, then I am sure "don't give us free luggage" will fly too.
Given the amount of strikes it's rather unique if anything flies at all with LH.

Anyway, you're right. SAS uses a forum called 'MySAS' where they claim passengers fill out such idiotic demands like: we want less points, we don't want priority boarding in OSL and we don't need a real C section on intra-Europe flights.

I guess LH has the same kind of crystal bulb to look in when they assume passengers want less benefits. Must be a *A thingy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.