Wiki Posts
Search

Flexibe Fares - Refund

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2024, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Flexibe Fares - Refund

I have uncertain travel plans so am looking to book a fully flexible fare. My concern is that, in the past, my experience is that what ought to happen and what Lufthansa's customer service do can vary.

In practical terms, am I likely to have any problems rebooking or cancelling (and receiving a full refund) on a flexible ticket?

Thanks
Old Jan 6, 2024, 3:39 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
If it is a real fully flexible and refundable ticket, then no issue. I have been booking fully flex and refundable tickets last 3 years, have refunded a few (normally gets the credit back in a week), and no issue at all to change the tickets (before outbound subjected to fare differential, after departure, no costs).
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Never had a problem with LH refunding flex tickets per the fare rules
Old Jan 7, 2024, 6:09 am

You can process the refund of a full flex ticket online with ease. I never had a problem doing this. LH will process the refund within 1-2 days and the money is back in my card on the 3rd or 4th day.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Thanks, one other question, if I book such a fare with SWISS or Lufthansa Compensation Vouchers, and I cancel do I get my voucher value back (not cash but a fresh voucher)?
TIA
Old Jan 7, 2024, 3:13 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Yes, correct.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by flieduk
Thanks, one other question, if I book such a fare with SWISS or Lufthansa Compensation Vouchers, and I cancel do I get my voucher value back (not cash but a fresh voucher)?
TIA
I don’t think LH issues vouchers, LX does & all flights need to be on LX metal for the voucher to work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.