Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status STARS [2013-2023]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2019, 1:05 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by worldclubber
You could still start from scratch now and reach lifetime *G with other *A airlines before you reach LH *G, despite your loyalty.
With SAS? They may go belly up in the next 10 years... With United? No way I will do 2 MM BIS from scratch with that outfit...
Old Nov 13, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
With SAS? They may go belly up in the next 10 years... With United? No way I will do 2 MM BIS from scratch with that outfit...
I see your point.

But then again, in 15 years, LH could have changed the rules again, Boeing could have completely switched to building planes that don't fly and the Vogons may have finally demolished the world for that long-overdue intergalactic hyperspace bypass... who knows.

(younger readers may have to google "Vogon" )
chris63, cas_de and Cascades42 like this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ado Dudi
According the M&M Website, 2020 will count fully.

This is not true.
For example
If you will make a 600000 HON miles in 2020, and get SEN status in OCT, and HON status at the end of DEC 2020 , you will get a few status points as HON (as you only be HON only for a few days before end od 2020 which gives 4 stars point (2 status point) for each day + about 60 days of being SEN which gives you 60 QP.)

So 2020 gives almost nothing for lifetime status, until they decide to count future star points based on the status at the end of 2020 (i.e. SEN status valid till FEB 2022 should get additional "future" 420 QP )
Old Nov 13, 2019, 9:21 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
. Of course assuming that the rules stay the same...
The rules will certainly not stay the same and I predict in the near future there will be no FFP altogether.

Under the pressure of obscure forces, which instead of reforming and protecting the environment with a reasonable approach, use children to attain their unclear goals, all is possible.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:46 am

Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold, Hyatt Globalist
After reflection, I'm also somewhat annoyed in how past loyalty is not being rewarded appropriately(after 10 years of Gold/Platinum you are "for life" with both EC and ST).

That said, at least they now converted the ridiculous completely worthless "status stars" into something that is actually providing some value (even if less than we all feel would be fair, but that seems to be a consistent pattern with frequent flyer programs these days).

So I guess after all I'm glass half full here.
SPlDER likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
Exactly. Lifetime FTL after 41 years being FTL is a joke. Especially for program which lasts 25 years.
jochen_vdk and kttosia like this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 5:11 am

Indeed. Had they made it roughly half of what it currently is, or with a bit more "smart" integration (say, someone who made 50k/70k miles or even re-qualified in his/her death year counted 1.5x/2x) it would have made a bit sense.

The way it currently is, meh.

Won't attract anyone to fly LH over it's competitors.

The "good" thing for LH is that often there is little to no competition, or that they've made it clear "you're either with us or against us" like with TK..
SPlDER likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: LH (SEN), IHG (Plat Amb)
Originally Posted by Chris0815
After reflection, I'm also somewhat annoyed in how past loyalty is not being rewarded appropriately(after 10 years of Gold/Platinum you are "for life" with both EC and ST).

That said, at least they now converted the ridiculous completely worthless "status stars" into something that is actually providing some value (even if less than we all feel would be fair, but that seems to be a consistent pattern with frequent flyer programs these days).

So I guess after all I'm glass half full here.
I start to think they intentionally introduced the rediculous Status Star system just to be able to use it against us for a devaluation of past loyalty.
That's the only reason I see for introducing the stars.
SPlDER, kttosia and Mozart0815 like this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by jochen_vdk
I start to think they intentionally introduced the rediculous Status Star system just to be able to use it against us for a devaluation of past loyalty.
That's the only reason I see for introducing the stars.
Now, without making a big market research, here is what I'd have done with the stars* to make actually sense - at least for me:
-1 star: You'll get a voucher for every five years holding the status to extend the current status for one year - wouldn't cost LH much and keep "every second year" re-qualifiers loyal to the brand at least somewhat.
-2 star: FTL for life, SEN gets to appoint FTL companion, HON gets to appoint FTL companion on top of SEN companion as well.
-3 star: SEN for life (even for FTL..if you managed this many stars, you're extremely loyal), HON gets to appoint second SEN companion
-4 star: SEN gets two F lounge voucher per year, HON gets four F lounge vouchers for his friends or something like that.
-5 star: HON 4 life

*keeping the current star earning system..
chris63, more4less, SPlDER and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Now, without making a big market research, here is what I'd have done with the stars* to make actually sense - at least for me:
-1 star: You'll get a voucher for every five years holding the status to extend the current status for one year - wouldn't cost LH much and keep "every second year" re-qualifiers loyal to the brand at least somewhat.
-2 star: FTL for life, SEN gets to appoint FTL companion, HON gets to appoint FTL companion on top of SEN companion as well.
-3 star: SEN for life (even for FTL..if you managed this many stars, you're extremely loyal), HON gets to appoint second SEN companion
-4 star: SEN gets two F lounge voucher per year, HON gets four F lounge vouchers for his friends or something like that.
-5 star: HON 4 life

*keeping the current star earning system..
If only you were running M&L .....
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by chris63
If only you were running M&L .....
Yeah, HON4Life in the near future...
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Yeah, HON4Life in the near future...
LTHON without FCL/FCT doesn’t sound so appealing anymore
chris63, worldclubber and Vixit like this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by MichielR
LTHON without FCL/FCT doesn’t sound so appealing anymore
But the black card...

Anyway, no LTHON on the table and I will resign from HON 02/22 after almost 17 years, do softlanding SEN until 02/23 and then celebrate my LT SEN.
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 4:04 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Lifetime will be rolled out on Jan 1 2021. Lifetime site will go live next year. Rule of thumb is 3 stars today will get FTL LT in 2021, 4-5 Stars will get LT SEN If they were 10 years senator in the past 25 years since M&M started.
You have to be FTL for 54.7 years to have 4 stars or 27.3 years as Senator. I don't really understand this rule. Who has that amount of stars?

I will have 14093 points until 28th Februry 2023, so not even 3 stars, being 17 years SEN and 4 years FLT, I guess I will get NOTHING.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

By my calculations, and please tell me if I am wrong. Currently there is no one on EARTH with 5 stars, it is simply IMPOSSIBLE. IIRC Hons has only existed for about 14 years, so if someone has been HONS unbroken since it was launched and was SEN each and every other year before that (but not the first one of course, as everyone started at ZERO), they would only have currently about 23,000 Star points. Theoretically there might be a person or two that might squeak it by the day this launches, but that would assume that they were a member at the very start, and kept it up all those years, keeping in mind that German based SENS back then had to do 150k every second year, and the fact that back in 1993 or so LH was a much smaller airline/group with maybe 24% of the passengers that it now has. I would posit that there are less then a few hundred people that will have 4 Stars. So the whole 4 or 5 star thing is really a big joke. They should simply have made it one Lifetime status, SEN, for 3 Stars and above and left it at that, because quite frankly it is all insulting to their best passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.