Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status STARS [2013-2023]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by asimha
I probably have a few from the good ol' days ... if you want one I'll take a look !
You are very kind- I won't trouble you however- thank you though for the thought!
Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by totti
I wait for the 3 star FTL tag to place my bid. Must be seldom compared to all the fancy *** HON tags
Seldom now, but might become very common when in 2-3 years all former HONs have dropped from HON->SEN->FTL, as they shifted away their business from LH group to someplace actually deserving their money
Old Feb 11, 2014, 3:04 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Wouldn't it take about 75 years to get a 3 star FTL bag?

Or at a minimum 25 years of HON then a soft landing to SEN and a soft landing to FTL so a minimum of 29 years?
Quick calculation the fastest you can have a ***FTL card in your hands - 15 yrs and 35 days (or 16 if waiting for rounded qualification cycles).
- 12 years of HON - 13140 starpoints (sounds like a starwood copy). Drop to SEN
- 2 years of SEN - 1460 starpoints. Drop to FTL
Subtotal 14600 starpoints
- So after 400 days of FTL (Less as the original climb to HON cannot be done in a day) requesting a new card should get you the magic ***FTL
Old Feb 11, 2014, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GBM.flights
Quick calculation the fastest you can have a ***FTL card in your hands - 15 yrs and 35 days (or 16 if waiting for rounded qualification cycles).
- 12 years of HON - 13140 starpoints (sounds like a starwood copy). Drop to SEN
- 2 years of SEN - 1460 starpoints. Drop to FTL
Subtotal 14600 starpoints
- So after 400 days of FTL (Less as the original climb to HON cannot be done in a day) requesting a new card should get you the magic ***FTL
Indeed you are correct- although they have said if you request a new card you won't get the new stars on it in the literature- only on the renewal date.

I was thinking about the 5 star card- which the fastest way I can see to get would be HON straight through which would be 25 years- and if anyone travels consistently enough on a commercial carrier for 25 years to remain HON that entire period my sympathies to them.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 4:15 am

Indeed you are correct- although they have said if you request a new card you won't get the new stars on it in the literature- only on the renewal date.
I was not sure of that, that's why I mentioned the 16 year full cycle. Thx.

[...] and if anyone travels consistently enough on a commercial carrier for 25 years to remain HON that entire period my sympathies to them.
+1

And all they would get to show for would be some lousy stars while other FFP's actually give out lifetime benefits for that pain.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 4:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Rambuster
The 3 star HON tag seems to have been sold for only €56 on eBay.
Did you see who bought it?

A disgruntled One Star Cessna HON from Italy or Switzerland.

I am not sure what is more pathetic, LH's Status Stars nonsense or a 600 answer thread about it.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 3:15 am

I was sent my new FTL* card. It came with an offer of 2000EUR 1 year extension of SEN. Pass.
Only noteworthy thing to me is that my FTL # is the same I had a few years ago when I was upgraded from general member/blud card.

Old Feb 24, 2014, 3:21 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GBM.flights
I was sent my new FTL* card. It came with an offer of 2000EUR 1 year extension of SEN. Pass.
It looks very smart. ^ No wonder people want to get hold of LX-branded M&M cards. I think it looks nicer in silver than gold especially with a star.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
It looks very smart. ^ No wonder people want to get hold of LX-branded M&M cards. I think it looks nicer in silver than gold especially with a star.
I'm telling "silver looks better than gold" to myself as well (I have an A3*G that says it's that way )

No luggage tags sent btw.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 3:04 pm

Programs: LH SEN + many more
How can I switch LH SEN card to the LX SEN card?
Old Feb 25, 2014, 3:06 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by VictorXray
How can I switch LH SEN card to the LX SEN card?
change your m&m mail-address to a swiss address (an existing personal address in Switzerland, and make sure that 'stuff' sent to that address is forwarded to you)
Old Feb 25, 2014, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Rudi
change your m&m mail-address to a swiss address (an existing personal address in Switzerland, and make sure that 'stuff' sent to that address is forwarded to you)
That didn't do it for me. And never even had a German address on record.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by weero
That didn't do it for me. And never even had a German address on record.
You are a special case though. Both DB and LH are using this to prove just how well their CRM works.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 2:33 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
You are a special case though. Both DB and LH are using this to prove just how well their CRM works.
You mean I am trapped in the MATRIX of DB, LH, and soon BA?
Old Feb 27, 2014, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Rudi
The Swiss will have you deported in no time judging by the recent legislation!
"Ausschaffung" and "Dichtestress" seem to be the key words to google.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.