FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Flyertalk/Vielfliegertreff and Lufthansa Dialog 2013 event (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1509748-flyertalk-vielfliegertreff-lufthansa-dialog-2013-event.html)

mamb0 Oct 9, 2013 2:42 pm

Can I nominate Weero and SMK77. And can you please built an octagon? ;)

Wickersley Oct 9, 2013 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk (Post 21581368)
Mini-do? Was planning to fly away in the evening after the meeting, but could stay overnight and fly out early morning instead. Is it Hilton proper or the Hilton Garden Inn? It appears both are at the airport, never had the pleasure to stay there, so would appreciate some locals to share their wisdom.

FT to the rescue...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...t-airport.html

Although, as whiskey_sk said, some "local" input would be greatly appreciated

NewbieRunner Oct 9, 2013 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk (Post 21581368)
Is it Hilton proper or the Hilton Garden Inn? It appears both are at the airport, never had the pleasure to stay there, so would appreciate some locals to share their wisdom.

I'm not a local but I've stayed in both a few times. (Actually local people are not the best ones to tell you about hotels because they don't usually stay there! :p)

Both hotels are new (opened less than two years ago after much delay) and next to each other in The Squaire built above the long-distance railway station. The Hilton is obviously slightly more upmarket and has a lounge but to be honest there isn't a vast amount of difference between them. Curiously the HGI sometimes charges more than the Hilton, so I'd stay in whichever is charging less on the night. On this occasion it looks like the HGI.

whiskey_sk Oct 9, 2013 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 21581771)
I'm not a local but I've stayed in both a few times. (Actually local people are not the best ones to tell you about hotels because they don't usually stay there! :p)

Both hotels are new (opened less than two years ago after much delay) and next to each other in The Squaire built above the long-distance railway station. The Hilton is obviously slightly more upmarket and has a lounge but to be honest there isn't a vast amount of difference between them. Curiously the HGI sometimes charges more than the Hilton, so I'd stay in whichever is charging less on the night. On this occasion it looks like the HGI.

Exactly this was what I meant by getting some local wisdom :D
Thanks for the clarification and insider info ^
In a true FT spirit, does HGI give any miles? Some of Hilton brands don't, as I found out the hard way, e.g. a stay in the Hampton in Berlin didn't yield any miles.

NewbieRunner Oct 9, 2013 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk (Post 21581902)
In a true FT spirit, does HGI give any miles?

Yes, they do. Last time I stayed there in May I received 2500 M&M miles (quadruple miles on weekends) though I'm still waiting for missing 500 miles.

ClaudiSTR Oct 9, 2013 3:49 pm

I share the opinion of NewbieRunner of Hilton / HGI at FRA Airport.
I stayed in both several times and my decision always depends on the price.

The HGI gives points and miles. Depending on your earning scheme with Hhonors it'll be f.e. 500 fixed points HHonors and f.e. 500 miles at your favorite airline programm. For dropping breakfast you'll earn additionally 750 points (at Hilton 1000 points).

whiskey_sk Oct 9, 2013 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by ClaudiSTR (Post 21582014)
For dropping breakfast you'll earn additionally 750 points (at Hilton 1000 points).

apologies, didn't really get this one. By "dropping" you mean skipping/not having breakfast? Interesting. I probably should start reading the HH FT board :o

NewbieRunner Oct 9, 2013 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk (Post 21582072)
apologies, didn't really get this one. By "dropping" you mean skipping/not having breakfast? Interesting. I probably should start reading the HH FT board :o

Since you are HH Diamond it may be slightly different for you but if you are HH Gold you can either

• Earn 1,000 Hilton HHonors bonus points per stay, or
  • You will receive complimentary Continental breakfast for you and up to one additional registered hotel guest each day of your stay.

Look under My Profile > Hotel Benefits > Hilton™ Hotels & Resorts. In reality some hotels give you breakfast anyway even though you have opted for 1000 bonus points. ^

SMK77 Oct 9, 2013 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by mamb0 (Post 21581653)
Can I nominate Weero and SMK77. And can you please built an octagon? ;)

I am extremely flattered, thank you very much.

When I started blogging here about ten years back, I had an issue with Lufthansa's First Class product and called it 'National Disgrace'.

Lufthansa has responded to that criticism and has already replaced half of their seats with a truly 5* product. SIN is one of the destinations that has a 100% guarantee of the new F product, my mission is already completed :-)

But jokes aside, I think Lufthansa is really interested in a better dialog and the people that take part come from different walks of lives and with different views and ideas.

Looking forward to reading from the event and I am sure we will have some real-time coverage here on FT as well. @:-)

whiskey_sk Oct 10, 2013 1:46 am

Originally Posted by SMK77 (Post 21583767)
But jokes aside, I think Lufthansa is really interested in a better dialog and the people that take part come from different walks of lives and with different views and ideas.

do you really think this? I'd be really pleasantly surprised if this was the case.

sunseeker Oct 10, 2013 2:01 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 21577789)
...and we have 25 attendees. As CalFlyer mentions, I'm also proud and glad I got the who-is-who of the M&M forum together. :cool:

no complete "who-is-who" without Weero; i reckon his attendance would have spiced things up a great deal...
:D

mapu Oct 10, 2013 2:03 am

It just won't be the same without weero...

SMK77 Oct 10, 2013 4:28 am

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk (Post 21584096)
do you really think this? I'd be really pleasantly surprised if this was the case.

I don't only think so but was just very pleasantly surprised about an interaction with LH senior management.

There is light at the end of the tunnel and let's hope it's not just the next AirRail :-)

more4less Oct 10, 2013 5:21 am

Originally Posted by SMK77 (Post 21583767)

Looking forward to reading from the event and I am sure we will have some real-time coverage here on FT as well. @:-)

+1

more4less Oct 10, 2013 5:26 am

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk (Post 21584096)

I agree but I want to be positive and think that probably something is changing in the right direction(for us :p)