Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Polish 787 Dreamliner experience reports

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2015, 6:36 pm

How is LOT Business Class? (long haul)

I am considering buying a Business Class ticket on LOT from Europe to Asia, but am concerned about their service. The last time I flew them was in 1979 (Bombay - Warsaw, via Dubai in an Ilyushin) so I don't know what to expect now.

I believe they are owned / controlled by TK, but I do not expect to get either TK's wonderful catering on board nor TK's somewhat chaotic boarding process. But what should I expect? LH's indifferent service in Business or KL's friendly but unremarkable service or something else?
Old Sep 16, 2015, 6:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by phoochka
I am considering buying a Business Class ticket on LOT from Europe to Asia, but am concerned about their service. The last time I flew them was in 1979 (Bombay - Warsaw, via Dubai in an Ilyushin) so I don't know what to expect now.

I believe they are owned / controlled by TK, but I do not expect to get either TK's wonderful catering on board nor TK's somewhat chaotic boarding process. But what should I expect? LH's indifferent service in Business or KL's friendly but unremarkable service or something else?
A modicum of basic looking would turn up the answers.
This thread is very detailed on their premium product in the 787 which earns high marks http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...ts-merged.html
Old Sep 17, 2015, 1:21 am

In Business Class we offer restaurant service, food is prepared by Do&Co and there's dedicated team of FA's to serve Business Class. Seats are Zodiac Aura Lite with 78' pitch.

For the reviews, as fellow FT'er mentioned in previous post marked, please check the link. I'll be happy to assist in case of any further questions.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: M&M FTL
Originally Posted by phoochka
I believe they are owned / controlled by TK, but I do not expect to get either TK's wonderful catering on board nor TK's somewhat chaotic boarding process. But what should I expect?
Owned/controlled by TK? You may want to let LOT's new CEO know about that!

The long-haul BC product is solid, and the lie-flat seats are very comfortable. The catering is much improved in recent times. Plus the 787 is generally quite comfortable up front.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:54 am

We were on the LOT 787 in J this summer and were pleasantly surprised. The thing that struck me was the pride that was taken in having been the first European carrier flying the dreamliner....might have even been printed on a napkin? As a result, I thought that the FAs
were happy to be on that plane and, as a result, the service was excellent. We happened to be on KLM for the other leg and found service solid but unremarkable, but points were lost
as they misplaced my luggage for two days on a connection.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 5:02 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
1) TK has nothing to do with LO don't know where you got that from. 2) Flew in J YYZ - WAW on LO this July on the 787 and had a great experience. The crew was fantastic, the service excellent and the food was good. Apart from the catering, I found it slightly better than TK J that we flew in August IST - YUL on a 333. The seats are very similar but we found the 787 superior, felt much roomier (and I like the 333). The service was better on LO.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm flying LOT 787 to NRT next week in J. Used to be able to check/change seats on their website. Since they renewed it, that functionality seems to be gone.
Anyone got an insight?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by BIndair
I'm flying LOT 787 to NRT next week in J. Used to be able to check/change seats on their website. Since they renewed it, that functionality seems to be gone.
Anyone got an insight?
They do it every time they refresh their website (which is every 1-2 years on average). Your best bet with flight scheduled next week would be to call them and request the seat you'd like.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Flew LOT premium economy

I flew yesterday on LOT premium economy from Warsaw to Chicago on their 787. Reports I read that the product is beat up are true. I've also been on American's and JAL's 787's and by far LOT is worn out. Arm rests are coming off, jacks don't work.

However, service was amazing and the food was some of the best airline food I've ever had. Flight attendants were always around and happy to give whatever you needed.

The seats were roomy and great compared to Econ, we did the bidding for an upgrade and so glad we decided to as it was well worth it. Also at check in we had two bags over 50lbs (they were almost 70lbs each) and they didn't say a word!
Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA GS , AA CK
No WiFi on the LOT 787?
Old Jul 30, 2016, 6:58 am

Nope.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 5:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Question to the experts: flying LO's B788 for the first time end of next month (to YYZ). TA put me in 3F. It looks like LO chose the same horrid Thales 'Top Series' IFE that AI has on their B788 . My gripe with that system (besides the minimal capacity to store more than 1500-2000 minutes of content) is the screen cannot be seen properly from an angle if you are lying down. Are the screens in row 1 in the armrest movable? Are they roughly the same size?
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:34 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Question to the experts: flying LO's B788 for the first time end of next month (to YYZ). TA put me in 3F. It looks like LO chose the same horrid Thales 'Top Series' IFE that AI has on their B788 . My gripe with that system (besides the minimal capacity to store more than 1500-2000 minutes of content) is the screen cannot be seen properly from an angle if you are lying down. Are the screens in row 1 in the armrest movable? Are they roughly the same size?
Basically yes. Some seats at row 1 are blocked for check-in use only. Check-in agent can unblock them. IFE is indeed limited, but recently improved a bit (and is OK'sh now).

Make sure to use the Elite Lounge (a lounge-within-a-lounge) in the Shengen area. The non-Shengen lounge is fairly pathetic (for the record it is not even a LOT lounge).
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Contemplating buying an award ticket that would put me on this bird from EWR-WAW. Given it's a redeye, I really am more interested in getting sleep than anything...do folks feel the lie-flat is comfortable enough?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 7:25 am

Yes it is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.