FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1390816-feedback-thread-official-lh-lurker-s-lufthansagermanairlines.html)

kbrauneis May 17, 2017 2:24 am

Hi Vanessa,
I was wondering if there is any update on this topic? My guest was on your flight and indeed as I suspected would happen happend. she was not given an amenity kit. The kit isnt the issue, its that I find it hard to accept that on such an expensive flight (+$2000USD) such details are an issue. I have reached out to customer relations for some insight from them.

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 28282920)
Hi kbrauneis,
I' m still waiting for the responsible department's reply. I'll let get back to you as soon as I know more.
Vanessa

LufthansaGermanAirlines May 17, 2017 5:57 am

Originally Posted by kbrauneis (Post 28322204)
Hi Vanessa,
I was wondering if there is any update on this topic? My guest was on your flight and indeed as I suspected would happen happend. she was not given an amenity kit. The kit isnt the issue, its that I find it hard to accept that on such an expensive flight (+$2000USD) such details are an issue. I have reached out to customer relations for some insight from them.

Hello kbrauneis,
we have not received any update yet. As soon as we know more, we will get back to you.
Jens

kbrauneis May 24, 2017 12:49 am

Dear lurker , it has been more than 1 week since I have contacted Customer Relations on a matter regarding a Business class flight from Panama to Fra and I have yet to hear ANY feedback. Is there any way you can follow up?

andrewilley May 24, 2017 3:33 am

Lufthansa handling of missed connections?

We have a very tight connection in Frankfurt on a Lufthansa-booked ticket from Birmingham BHX to Rome FCO (only 55 mins, although they say the legal minimum is 45 mins).

If our first flight lands on time, but it takes us too long to get through FRA airport's passport/security re-entry process, will Lufthansa still provide us with free passage on a later flight (seating availability allowing of course)?

Their helpline seemed very unclear, and he just kept repeating the 'company line' of if it's their flight delay that caused the connection to fail then they would help us, but if it's "our fault" (defined as??) then we would have to pay to cancel the whole ticket and re-book at our cost. I assume the return leg (a few days later, same online booking reference) would not be affected either way.

What level of customer support should we expect from Lufthansa if a problem is not OUR fault, but technically is not their delay either?

Andre

LufthansaGermanAirlines May 24, 2017 6:08 am

Originally Posted by kbrauneis (Post 28352330)
Dear lurker , it has been more than 1 week since I have contacted Customer Relations on a matter regarding a Business class flight from Panama to Fra and I have yet to hear ANY feedback. Is there any way you can follow up?

Hello kbrauneis,
please provide your Feedback ID so that I can send a reminder to my colleagues.
Maria

LufthansaGermanAirlines May 24, 2017 6:08 am

Originally Posted by andrewilley (Post 28352618)
We have a very tight connection in Frankfurt on a Lufthansa-booked ticket from Birmingham BHX to Rome FCO (only 55 mins, although they say the legal minimum is 45 mins).

If our first flight lands on time, but it takes us too long to get through FRA airport's passport/security re-entry process, will Lufthansa still provide us with free passage on a later flight (seating availability allowing of course)?

Their helpline seemed very unclear, and he just kept repeating the 'company line' of if it's their flight delay that caused the connection to fail then they would help us, but if it's "our fault" (defined as??) then we would have to pay to cancel the whole ticket and re-book at our cost. I assume the return leg (a few days later, same online booking reference) would not be affected either way.

What level of customer support should we expect from Lufthansa if a problem is not OUR fault, but technically is not their delay either?

Andre

Hello Andre, if your flights are all booked under one ticket number, you will be rebooked free of charge should the first flight be delayed. As the minimum connecting time is a calculation for the amount of time needed to make it to your connecting flights without difficulty, I suggest not to worry. Regards, Maria

kbrauneis May 25, 2017 3:02 am

Hi Lurker , please see the ID below
Feedback ID 31000802

thank you

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 28352938)
Hello kbrauneis,
please provide your Feedback ID so that I can send a reminder to my colleagues.
Maria

andrewilley May 25, 2017 4:05 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines (Post 28352943)
Hello Andre, if your flights are all booked under one ticket number, you will be rebooked free of charge should the first flight be delayed.

Thanks Maria. I know that we are ten minutes over the legal minimum of 45 mins, and that your website would not have made the booking if it was not possible, but it still seems really tight even if the incoming flight is on time.

Anyway, as long as Lufthansa will re-book us onto a later flight if we miss the connection due to airport security, passport control, etc issues, then that puts my mind at rest. Thanks for the reassurance.

Andre

gusd May 25, 2017 10:10 am

Status of SEN lounge on level L in MUC

Dear Lurkers,

Do you know whether the SEN lounge on level L in MUC has reopened following the water damage? Somebody reported that the F lounge is now open. I'll be flying through MUC next week, and I prefer the T2S lounges.

Thank you.

Marcin83 May 25, 2017 12:40 pm

Hey.
Is there any way to Upgrade (using Senator voucher or miles) a "V" economy class ticket sold as UA flight, but operated by Lufthansa (LH441 from IAH to FRA). I tried to contact Miles and More service in the US and there was no way to do it because according to them it had a UA number.

Thanks

SuperFlyBoy May 25, 2017 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Marcin83 (Post 28359071)
Hey.
Is there any way to Upgrade (using Senator voucher or miles) a "V" economy class ticket sold as UA flight, but operated by Lufthansa (LH441 from IAH to FRA). I tried to contact Miles and More service in the US and there was no way to do it because according to them it had a UA number.

Thanks

Call and ask UA to change the codeshare to an LH number so that you can "upgrade". Not sure if I would mention that you wish to use LH miles to upgrade...

They might not do so, as I think a UA GPU upgrade's minimum economy upgrade class is Q.

Try anyway - and even be honest about it if there is pushback.

LufthansaGermanAirlines May 26, 2017 5:19 am

Originally Posted by kbrauneis (Post 28357046)
Hi Lurker , please see the ID below
Feedback ID 31000802

thank you

Hello kbrauneis, I just send a reminder to Customer Relations. Regards, Maria

LufthansaGermanAirlines May 26, 2017 5:19 am

Originally Posted by andrewilley (Post 28357149)
Thanks Maria. I know that we are ten minutes over the legal minimum of 45 mins, and that your website would not have made the booking if it was not possible, but it still seems really tight even if the incoming flight is on time.

Anyway, as long as Lufthansa will re-book us onto a later flight if we miss the connection due to airport security, passport control, etc issues, then that puts my mind at rest. Thanks for the reassurance.

Andre

Hello again Andre, I think there´s a misunderstanding. LH will not rebook you if you miss the connection due to airport security. This is out of our hands. Should you wish to rebook your connection - since the recommendation regarding the minimum connecting time does not seem to reassure you - you may do so according to the fare conditions. Kind regards, Maria

LufthansaGermanAirlines May 26, 2017 5:20 am

Originally Posted by gusd (Post 28358397)
Dear Lurkers,

Do you know whether the SEN lounge on level L in MUC has reopened following the water damage? Somebody reported that the F lounge is now open. I'll be flying through MUC next week, and I prefer the T2S lounges.

Thank you.

Hi gusd, I asked my colleagues and will come back to you as soon as they replied. Regards, Maria

LufthansaGermanAirlines May 26, 2017 5:21 am

Originally Posted by Marcin83 (Post 28359071)
Hey.

Thanks

Hello Marcin, Codeshare flights are not upgradable. Regards, Maria