Search

award CAI -SIN in F or similar

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2012, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN , United Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, IHG Gold
award CAI -SIN in F or similar

Hi !

how much would I be charged if I start my trip in North America/Causasus region e.g in CAI (or TLV or EVN or BEY) and want to fly to South Asia like SIN in F?
the award chart says 170 k BUT I want to make us of SEN companion award (+1 child for 75% reuired milage) so be on LH/OS/LX and fly via FRA/MUC/VIE/ZRH to South Asia

ideally if would like to be charged: 170 + 170x50% + 170x75% = 382,50 eur

any advice? I want to 'taste' F on a long haul for 3 people but have only now ~420k M&M in total and I reside in Europe

Bartek
Old Aug 15, 2012, 7:32 am

Not exactly sure from where to where you want to go. CAI is not really in North America (unless they moved it lately)?

In General: As soon as you connect in a third region the award turns into a Three Region Award which is significantly more expensive than 170 K (this is for North America - Europe).
There is a footnote in the award chart: If you live in one of these countries you will pay the European mileage level = 210.000, for all others it will be 3 Region = 290 K going via Europe.
If you don't touch Europe (for example use SQ from CAI) then you will pay the 170.000, but no companion award.

Also it will be VERY difficult to find three award seats in F on the same flight(s)
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Not exactly sure from where to where you want to go. CAI is not really in North America (unless they moved it lately)?

In General: As soon as you connect in a third region the award turns into a Three Region Award which is significantly more expensive than 170 K (this is for North America - Europe).
There is a footnote in the award chart: If you live in one of these countries you will pay the European mileage level = 210.000, for all others it will be 3 Region = 290 K going via Europe.
If you don't touch Europe (for example use SQ from CAI) then you will pay the 170.000, but no companion award.

Also it will be VERY difficult to find three award seats in F on the same flight(s)
sorry, I meant North Africa region
I could find a cheepo paid tickets to get to CAI/BEY/EVN from Warsaw on LOT and was thinking to start my ticket award from there in F to South Asia, counting on Companion Award ...
Old Aug 15, 2012, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Flying from CAI to FRA is a waste of miles if you redeem the F award as LH don't operate F class on that segment.

Your best bet is LX from CAI to ZRH and then LH from ZRH to SIN via FRA or MUC.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 1:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Flying from CAI to FRA is a waste of miles if you redeem the F award as LH don't operate F class on that segment.

Your best bet is LX from CAI to ZRH and then LH from ZRH to SIN via FRA or MUC.
So would this rount be possible:
CAI-ZRH-FRA-SIN on LX/LH
BKK-FRA-WAW-CAI on LH/LOT
I'd like to skip last segment to CAI and finish in WAW, it is possible? can I tell to check in my luggage to WAW only and not all the way through?

And what would I pay in miles for 2 adults (incl 1 SEN) + a child for this in F?
any chance I could get the SEN companion award and 75% miles reduction for the child?
Old Aug 16, 2012, 3:24 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
wouldn't that make a 3-region award?
Old Aug 16, 2012, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whiskey_sk
wouldn't that make a 3-region award?
but I would only transfer in EU , no stopover and 3 connections to get to the destination (SIN)
and then I'd return from the same region (BKK)
Old Aug 16, 2012, 6:15 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bart_ek
but I would only transfer in EU , no stopover and 3 connections to get to the destination (SIN)
and then I'd return from the same region (BKK)
That doesn't really apply to M&M awards. If you go via a 3rd region, it's a 3 region award.

I'd take a nice connection from WAW to spend 2-3hrs in FCL/FCT and ideally a flight in a retrofitted 744 and consider it maximized.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 8:42 am

So would this rount be possible:
CAI-ZRH-FRA-SIN on LX/LH
BKK-FRA-WAW-CAI on LH/LOT
I'd like to skip last segment to CAI and finish in WAW, it is possible? can I tell to check in my luggage to WAW only and not all the way through?

And what would I pay in miles for 2 adults (incl 1 SEN) + a child for this in F?
any chance I could get the SEN companion award and 75% miles reduction for the child?
That is clearly a 3 region award. 290.000 miles for the first passenger. You can do open yaw on a 3 region. You could even do stopovers in europe.

If you plan to skip the last segment it would be cheaper to do this as two one-ways: A 3 region one way for 145.000 CAI-ZRH-FRA-SIN and a regular one way BKK-FRA-WAW fuer 105.000
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:53 am

You have to find a bit more miles to make it happen. If you want to get the most bang for your buck with SEN + child discounts when sticking to M&M airlines, look for the tag-on flights LH has, then you can add a short haul flight in F with all the lounge maximizing etc (and of course, a stop over in the connecting city).
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: Miles & More;
sorry, I meant North Africa region
I could find a cheepo paid tickets to get to CAI/BEY/EVN from Warsaw on LOT and was thinking to start my ticket award from there in F to South Asia, counting on Companion Award ...
I think what you are trying doesnt work. You can use the cheaper redemption rates from north africa to south east asia only if you dont touch a third region (i am not sure which airlines fly that route direct - maybe Thai or Singapore Airlines) But in that case you can`t use the SEN-Companion Award as no Miles and More Airlines fly that route direct. If you want to use the Companion Award you have to fly via Europe which makes it a 3-three region award.
But in that case there is no use in first flying to Africa as you when you are already in Warsaw as a simple Europe-South East Asia Award is cheaper than a three region award
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ARJ85
I think what you are trying doesnt work. You can use the cheaper redemption rates from north africa to south east asia only if you dont touch a third region (i am not sure which airlines fly that route direct - maybe Thai or Singapore Airlines) But in that case you can`t use the SEN-Companion Award as no Miles and More Airlines fly that route direct. If you want to use the Companion Award you have to fly via Europe which makes it a 3-three region award.
But in that case there is no use in first flying to Africa as you when you are already in Warsaw as a simple Europe-South East Asia Award is cheaper than a three region award
yeah, I'd need to collect more miles till end of the year to be able to take the F redemption from Europe to south asia (472,500 for companion award and child) ; I was just hopeing that I could start from a neigbouring region to get it to the treshold of ~430k M&M
Still I can fly in C for 135k a person (but I wanted to try F first in my life!.. and I'm not going to extand my SEN this year I'm affraid...)
Old Aug 16, 2012, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
That is clearly a 3 region award. 290.000 miles for the first passenger. You can do open yaw on a 3 region. You could even do stopovers in europe.

If you plan to skip the last segment it would be cheaper to do this as two one-ways: A 3 region one way for 145.000 CAI-ZRH-FRA-SIN and a regular one way BKK-FRA-WAW fuer 105.000
hmm, but does Companion Award apply to one-ways , too?
if this 105k were for the 3 pax each? or I could count to pay 105 +50%x105 +75%x105 =235,250 miles ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.