Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge to L gates

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2024, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Lounge to L gates

I am flying LH424 MUC-BOS tomorrow first class seat 1A. This will be my first time flying F on LH and I am not sure where the lounge is. So how far is it from The lounge to L gates as this is where my boarding pass says my flight will depart from. It should be A340-600.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 9:26 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
There is an FCL in Munich in both the main building and the satellite. Regular users like chris63 will tell you the Satellite one is better, which is lucky for you the building with L gates (provided the flight will actually go out of L)

It is near lounges K11 / L11 (you can enter from Schengen site as well, and do passport control in lounge, if transfering from Schengen arrival)
MichielR and worldclubber like this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 9:27 am

Programs: LH Sen****, Hertz PC, HHonors Diamond, IHG Pt
L gates are at the T2SAT Terminal, and you go to the F lounge there. Easy walk to any L gate from the T2SAT F Lounge
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 11:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
To answer your precise question, it's at most a 5-10 min walk from the satellite/L gates F lounge to any L gate.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for explaining. How long does it take to get from the bag drop area to satalite terminal and is there any special check in area for F passengers like BA at LHR?
Old Feb 28, 2024, 1:33 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Yes, there is a first class checkin area in the main terminal with its own security if I remember correctly. If you are starting in MUC (rather than connecting in MUC) it's best to take the people mover from G to K (both in Schengen) and enter the First Class Lounge near gate K11 (Schengen level) and go through passport control within the lounge. You can leave the lounge upstairs on L level.

The people mover runs every 4 minutes and takes 1 minute between the main terminal and the satellite. So it shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes from security to the FCL.

Flights to the US depart from gates at the southern end of the pier because of the need for document check (L21 for MUC-BOS tomorrow according to LH.com) but it shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes from the FCL to the gate.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 5:55 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Yes, there is a first class checkin area in the main terminal with its own security if I remember correctly.

technically, it’s „just“ the rightmost security check lane, but the F checkin feeds you directly into that lane.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 11:13 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by worldclubber

technically, it’s „just“ the rightmost security check lane, but the F checkin feeds you directly into that lane.
It is different from the regular security lanes as in the F area you have to take everything out of your bag vs for the regular lanes laptops etc can stay all in the bag. Special F treatment......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.