Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Cancelled 1st Leg Flight on Award Ticket Issued by CO

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2011, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K/2MM; LT United Club; HH Diamond; MR LT Titanium; IHG Plat; National EE
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I'm sure it's a coincidence but it looks like this afternoon's CO flight FRA-IAH was also cancelled (according to lufthansa.com) or delayed (according to flightstats.com).
hehe

Old Oct 21, 2011, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K/2MM; LT United Club; HH Diamond; MR LT Titanium; IHG Plat; National EE
Originally Posted by oliver2002
She could have just asked for WL and cleared from the standby list.

What did CO have to say on the matter?
She did not know her options and was not informed that she could take another carrier. She was hustled out of line ASAP.

CO didn't have much to say except please give me 25K more miles and we'll fly her from CDG.

At the very least happy to report she went wheels up a bit ago, albeit late due to MX... maybe she'll make it on time!
Old Oct 21, 2011, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ded0r
I would suggest writing a letter to LH, describing the situation at the station and that the agents were totally unwilling to help your daughter (depending on her age, a little wining about her being left alone in a foreign country might help). I would then add all related expenses and give them a deadline for reimbursing you.
That I will do.

Thanks for everyone's comments and suggestions, much appreciated. The most important thing is that she arrive safely, then I'll deal with the carrier issues...

And in the meantime, if anyone else has/had a similar situation and can advise remedies, I'm listening.

Cheers!
Old Oct 21, 2011, 3:24 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by athome
Never leave the desk, before you have a acceptable solution. Being too soft, an airlines may regard it as an voluntary step-back of the passenger.
Well, in this case, one has to know his/her entitlements.

I've seen too many passengers who demand things they're not entitled to.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Actually, I'd rather have her fly like she is then be a "DYKWIA" pax... so lesson learned. I'll coach her on polite and gentle insistence on remedy once she arrives.

Thanks again!
Old Oct 21, 2011, 5:25 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by wendyhamburger
Actually, I'd rather have her fly like she is then be a "DYKWIA" pax... so lesson learned. I'll coach her on polite and gentle insistence on remedy once she arrives.

Thanks again!
My understanding of (northwestern) European culture is that a DYKWIA attitude seldom pays off here.

Polite and firm drives you a long way.

On your daughter's case: Such is life. You stumble and learn. So, good coaching for her.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by Verboten
My understanding of (northwestern) European culture is that a DYKWIA attitude seldom pays off here.

You might even say that such behavior is verboten...
Old Oct 21, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by notsosmart
You might even say that such behavior is verboten...
or at least not so smart
Old Feb 8, 2012, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Sounds strange... no attempt to rebook on LH's part? They are required by law to accommodate the cancelled pax on an alternative if they cancel the flight.

Worst case you contact CO once yopu learn of a cancellation (in advance) and in such cases CO (the issuing agent) needs to accomodate. But in this case LH would have rebooked.
I just had LX cancel my F flight from YUL-ZRH when they dropped the Thursday flight from their schedule. I was offered protection on Wednesday's flight but cannot reschedule work plans. I asked about Friday but LX refuses to protect me in either F or C on that flight/day. Ended up booking LH F to MUC. However, when checking this new ticket, I noticed LH had downgraded my return FRA-BOS from F to C with no notice of the change. LH refuses to release any F seats between FRA or MUC to eastern NAmerica on the Saturday of my original booking. (AE was able to get me on, yecch UA F via IAD!)

Is this normal practice for LH? My understanding is they must open up a protected seat even if reward capacity is full. (According to the AE and CO websites there are some F seats that day, but the AE agent told me there was a glitch in the LH system that is showing premium seats that are not available for redemption. Is this BS and AE trying to cover up?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.