Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brussels Airlines Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2011, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Brussels Airlines Business Class

How would you stack up this airlines with the rest of the European Carriers. How would you stack it up with Austrian, Swiss, and Lufthansa. I am Star Alliance and not sure which business class from Europe to fly to TLV? Thanks
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
What is important here is not just what airlines but what specific plane configurations they fly to TLV.

SN uses their A319s on the dates I checked - not very nice seats.

LH uses their B744 and A346 on FRA-TLV with angled flat business class seats - nice.

LX uses their A332 - better seats than on the SN A319 but not as nice as those LH planes.

(If you were flying to the US, LX has a niver product than LH on most routes. Also, the SN longhaul aircraft they use to Africa have better seats than the LX A332 but not as nice as the LXA333. Most ailrines have several different business class products; it is not just a question of what airline is better.)
Old Mar 8, 2011, 6:57 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
OS also don't have proper business class seats.

Where are you flying from?

I would go with LH or LX
Old Mar 11, 2011, 2:25 pm

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
Brussels Airlines is quite good in my view. However, why can't you post this in the M&M thread for a better response?
Old Mar 21, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA
AFAIK the business class offering on flights to TLV from BRU on SN are just plain economy seats with the middle seat blocked. Maybe an inch or 2 extra legroom if lucky and some decent food. That's about it... SN has a great business product on the long haul planes (the A333's from SN are being upgraded with new C and Y cabins which will feature AVOD throughout the whole plane (which will completely wireless btw)) and they have great in flight service but like said it's limited to the long haul AFI operations...

Short/medium hauls (A319's) are also being upgraded with the new LH/Recaro slimseats but they won't have AVOD IFE and the business class will remain the same...

So IMHO (even though SN is my home carrier) LH/LX is the best choice...
Old Jun 7, 2011, 8:28 am

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by Bralo20
the A333's from SN are being upgraded with new C and Y cabins which will feature AVOD throughout the whole plane (which will completely wireless btw))
Do you know the status of their long-haul Business Class seat upgrade? I have heard in the past that they will start sometime in spring but I could not find information when I search through Internet. I also heard that it will be akin to the LX product but I could not confirm that either. Since I fly quite frequently to Africa with SN through BRU, it will be nice to see them upgrade their products soon.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 4:06 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold, AF Plat and other minors
Hi All,

I might fly long-haul 333 with SN Brussel in J...but it is very limited information on the web and even less in the Brussel website. i never try long-haul Brussel Airline.

So, like the previous post, is it any update concerning the new J seat like pictures, and roll-out schedule?

Thanks,

aad665
Old Sep 8, 2011, 9:05 am

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by aad665
Hi All,

I might fly long-haul 333 with SN Brussel in J...but it is very limited information on the web and even less in the Brussel website. i never try long-haul Brussel Airline.

So, like the previous post, is it any update concerning the new J seat like pictures, and roll-out schedule?

Thanks,

aad665
I just flown OO-SFV with temporary business class seats. I really feel cheated when I get onto that plane after paying so much money on the Business class flight. Anyway, apart from that plane, SN has angled lie flat seats (shell type) in their business class offering but I found them to be not so comfortable.

I heard from SN CA that the new seats are coming at the end of the year/beginning of next year but I am not sure if that would be true (I really hope that will be true).

Food is generally good on-board and they seem to have reintroduced neuhaus chocolate souvenir^. Their business class lounge at T terminal (where you will be flying away) is quite nice with good showers but not much food in the morning. Regardless, the lounge at T terminal is definitely nicer then the ones at Terminal A and B.

BTW, there is no real shop at the T terminal (the only one they have no beverages nor chocolates) so if you want to get something, you may want to do that at Terminal B or A.

One nice surprise at the BRU airport was that when you are coming from US, I did not need to go through another security anymore. They allowed connecting non-shengen passengers to go strait to departure floor (of Terminal B) which was quite an improvement.

Hope you can avoid OO-SFV when you fly the SN long-haul.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.