FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Employee confirmed ticket (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1229403-employee-confirmed-ticket.html)

fandu Jun 23, 2011 9:30 am

Employee confirmed ticket

I have a friend traveling on LH (SFO-FRA) on Employee priced confirmed ticket in business. He asked me if he would get miles (he mentioned he will be traveling about 4-5 roundtrips in the next 6 months) and I had no clue. Thought I would ask here.

I did a search and found posts dating back to 2005. Don't know if things changed.

Oli20 Jun 23, 2011 9:37 am

Originally Posted by fandu (Post 16612496)
I have a friend traveling on LH (SFO-FRA) on Employee priced confirmed ticket in business. He asked me if he would get miles (he mentioned he will be traveling about 4-5 roundtrips in the next 6 months) and I had no clue. Thought I would ask here.

I did a search and found posts dating back to 2005. Don't know if things changed.

Employee tickets dont get any miles. Satus will be R or X something depending on the trip.

fandu Jun 23, 2011 9:40 am

Thanks for the quick reply

NA-Flyer Jun 23, 2011 10:07 am

LH use the R class for employees traveling in business class.

Rambuster Jun 23, 2011 10:14 am

I think they also come with a number indicating the Status of the ticket. (eg R2)

more4less Jun 23, 2011 10:30 am

In AF was

R2 Standby
R1 Confirmed

sperrgepaeck Jun 23, 2011 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by saviox (Post 16612872)
In AF was

R2 Standby
R1 Confirmed

For LH the same

R2 is everyday standby lowest priority for employees

R1 is the once a year special priority flight if you are employed for more then 10years

There are many more codes!

But just keep in mind a confirmed standby ticket is only that long confirmed until we show up with a full fare pax ticket :cool:

TPA us ff Jun 23, 2011 6:29 pm

Interesting post. At what management level are LH booked into F for company travel?

Oli20 Jun 24, 2011 3:50 am

Originally Posted by sperrgepaeck (Post 16614473)
For LH the same

R2 is everyday standby lowest priority for employees

R1 is the once a year special priority flight if you are employed for more then 10years

There are many more codes!

But just keep in mind a confirmed standby ticket is only that long confirmed until we show up with a full fare pax ticket :cool:

Can add R7 - that's when you're traveling as "partner" of an employee. If employee is on duty you get R2.

more4less Jun 24, 2011 4:19 am

Some more date from AF, which might be different from LH:

S1 - confirmed ticket on duty service, also sometimes a present. Zero cost. Taxes paid by the airline.

In case it was a present, could be in Eco, Biz and even First, but in this last case it was subjected to space available at time of boarding.

R1 - also known as ID50. Confirmed seat paying 50% of the lowest published fare.

TRAVELSIG Jun 24, 2011 7:06 am

Originally Posted by TPA us ff (Post 16615548)
Interesting post. At what management level are LH booked into F for company travel?

Not sure LH, however on LX 30 years service will do it.

dschnitz Jun 24, 2011 9:25 am

Originally Posted by TPA us ff (Post 16615548)

I dont know that for sure, but I think that LH consulting flies less on all short haul ECO and longer business. But this was quite some time ago, so rules might have changed.

fandu Jun 25, 2011 9:14 am

I am on a project with LH and they are getting the tickets. Flying tonight so let you know the ticket code.
One thing that bugs me that I will have to dress business casual when flying on this ticket.

dschnitz Jun 25, 2011 10:50 am

Originally Posted by fandu (Post 16623528)
I am on a project with LH and they are getting the tickets. Flying tonight so let you know the ticket code.
One thing that bugs me that I will have to dress business casual when flying on this ticket.

They are mostly looking for no jeans. It was in some documentary when an LH employee had bought tickets for their companion traverlers. One of them was wearing a jeans and had to switch to eco instead of business. But the LH employee should know the rules and could have told him in advance.

more4less Jun 25, 2011 11:18 am

in the american airlines they demanded jacket + tie for civilians, and uniforms for military personnel, for a free upgrade to Biz, subject to availability.