Employee confirmed ticket

Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, PC Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Employee confirmed ticket

I have a friend traveling on LH (SFO-FRA) on Employee priced confirmed ticket in business. He asked me if he would get miles (he mentioned he will be traveling about 4-5 roundtrips in the next 6 months) and I had no clue. Thought I would ask here.

I did a search and found posts dating back to 2005. Don't know if things changed.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: LH HON+
Originally Posted by fandu
I have a friend traveling on LH (SFO-FRA) on Employee priced confirmed ticket in business. He asked me if he would get miles (he mentioned he will be traveling about 4-5 roundtrips in the next 6 months) and I had no clue. Thought I would ask here.

I did a search and found posts dating back to 2005. Don't know if things changed.
Employee tickets dont get any miles. Satus will be R or X something depending on the trip.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick reply
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:07 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
LH use the R class for employees traveling in business class.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I think they also come with a number indicating the Status of the ticket. (eg R2)
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
In AF was

R2 Standby
R1 Confirmed
Old Jun 23, 2011, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by saviox
In AF was

R2 Standby
R1 Confirmed
For LH the same

R2 is everyday standby lowest priority for employees

R1 is the once a year special priority flight if you are employed for more then 10years

There are many more codes!

But just keep in mind a confirmed standby ticket is only that long confirmed until we show up with a full fare pax ticket
Old Jun 23, 2011, 6:29 pm

Programs: Former Dividend Miles Chairman's, Marriott Rewards
Interesting post. At what management level are LH booked into F for company travel?
Old Jun 24, 2011, 3:50 am

Programs: LH HON+
Originally Posted by sperrgepaeck
For LH the same

R2 is everyday standby lowest priority for employees

R1 is the once a year special priority flight if you are employed for more then 10years

There are many more codes!

But just keep in mind a confirmed standby ticket is only that long confirmed until we show up with a full fare pax ticket
Can add R7 - that's when you're traveling as "partner" of an employee. If employee is on duty you get R2.

Last edited by Oli20; Jun 24, 2011 at 8:17 am
Old Jun 24, 2011, 4:19 am

Some more date from AF, which might be different from LH:

S1 - confirmed ticket on duty service, also sometimes a present. Zero cost. Taxes paid by the airline.

In case it was a present, could be in Eco, Biz and even First, but in this last case it was subjected to space available at time of boarding.

R1 - also known as ID50. Confirmed seat paying 50% of the lowest published fare.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TPA us ff
Interesting post. At what management level are LH booked into F for company travel?
Not sure LH, however on LX 30 years service will do it.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: M&M , HHONORS Diamond
Originally Posted by TPA us ff
I dont know that for sure, but I think that LH consulting flies less on all short haul ECO and longer business. But this was quite some time ago, so rules might have changed.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 9:14 am
Original Poster

I am on a project with LH and they are getting the tickets. Flying tonight so let you know the ticket code.
One thing that bugs me that I will have to dress business casual when flying on this ticket.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 10:50 am

Programs: M&M , HHONORS Diamond
Originally Posted by fandu
I am on a project with LH and they are getting the tickets. Flying tonight so let you know the ticket code.
One thing that bugs me that I will have to dress business casual when flying on this ticket.
They are mostly looking for no jeans. It was in some documentary when an LH employee had bought tickets for their companion traverlers. One of them was wearing a jeans and had to switch to eco instead of business. But the LH employee should know the rules and could have told him in advance.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 11:18 am

in the american airlines they demanded jacket + tie for civilians, and uniforms for military personnel, for a free upgrade to Biz, subject to availability.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.