Search

Re-pricing an infant ticket

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2011, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
Re-pricing an infant ticket

Hello All,

Here's my situation : I booked a return award ticket from SFO to Europe using SQ miles. The return sectors were on LH from ATH-MUC-SFO on F. I then called LH reservations to purchase an infant in lap for for this routing for my child.

I then had a change of plans and I modified my award itinerary to depart(on the exact same date) from FCO-MUC instead of ATH. I was also only able to secure Y class award seats for the FCO-MUC sector (Note : MUC-SFO sector remains the same)

When I called LH to re-issue the infant ticket they said they had to reprice it and that they would TRY to call back before my departure date. I said leaving for this 2 week trip from US in a week but they mentioned that there is no guarantee I would get a call back since the desk works on date of departure basis and since the ticket in question is end of May I may not get a call back before I leave US.

Can anyone comment on this? Is there a way I can get them to expedite?

Thanks!
Old May 9, 2011, 6:13 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by kaushik123
When I called LH to re-issue the infant ticket they said they had to reprice it and that they would TRY to call back before my departure date. I said leaving for this 2 week trip from US in a week but they mentioned that there is no guarantee I would get a call back since the desk works on date of departure basis and since the ticket in question is end of May I may not get a call back before I leave US.

Can anyone comment on this? Is there a way I can get them to expedite?

Thanks!
Re-pricing can indeed happen if this is a change to the first sector of the infant ticket. But what LH is saying about trying to call back is a joke. I would try to call a different call centre and see what they can do for you to get this sorted asap. Shouldn't be too hard.

So Krisflyer requires miles for an infant ticket?
Old May 9, 2011, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Re-pricing can indeed happen if this is a change to the first sector of the infant ticket. But what LH is saying about trying to call back is a joke. I would try to call a different call centre and see what they can do for you to get this sorted asap. Shouldn't be too hard.

So Krisflyer requires miles for an infant ticket?
Yes. If I had ticketed the infant with them they would have charged me the same F saver miles as an adult! Apparently there are no reduced mileage awards for infants/children. That's why it was cheaper for me to purchase infant fares from each airline seperately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.