FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   confused : exec. bonus ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1191643-confused-exec-bonus.html)

2stepsahead Mar 7, 2011 8:26 am

confused : exec. bonus ?

Hi

15 / 02 : I make 2 flights
And I reach FTL , ++35k miles, on the first flight
So for the second flight I get my exec. bonus ( after I did a mileage request online on 26/02 )

16/02 : 2 flights : no exec. bonus
17/02 : 3 flights : no exec. bonus

22/02 : 2 flights : 2 * exec. bonus

I called M&M : first attempt : The staff says I am correct and advises me to sent email. ( I had the feeling he had no clue how to help me, so ...)

second attempt : the staff member understands but need to call help from a collegue, after minutes of waiting he comes with the reason :

I reached officially FTL on 21/02 , although when I count the miles I reach >35k on 15/02 , and he also told me that is correct, but because officially on 21/02 , I did not recieve exec. bonus for 16 and 17 februari.

I recieved the exec bonus for the second flight on 15/02 because I did a mileage request after 21/02.

Is this standard procedure?
or incompetent staff ? - the first guy on the phone told me it depends on the carrier, I told him look at 22/02 same carrier and exec. bonus :) , then he told me it depends on what class , it was first :)
To bad M&M staff in call stations are just young kids who speak multiple languages but have no clue what there business is about, in my opinion.
they need some 'flyertalk reading' in there training :)

totti Mar 7, 2011 8:35 am

In my experience it is the day you pass the threshold that counts, not the day it is granted in the system. However I'd not really bother about the executive bonus unless it is a significant amount, because it is too much of a hassle to sort things out with the call center agents. Sometimes a friendly letter by snail mail does the trick, though.

sentom Mar 7, 2011 10:16 am

Originally Posted by totti (Post 15989392)
In my experience it is the day you pass the threshold that counts, not the day it is granted in the system...

absolutely correct!

taigatrommel Mar 7, 2011 10:41 am

But also the date of crediting a flight (not the flight date!) is considered.

When I achivied my FTL years ago, I did a retro credit for some missing flights after achivieving FTL, the flight dates were in the time before getting FTL. I received for the retro credited flight the executive bonus anyway.

taigatrommel

AHN Mar 7, 2011 11:06 am

Originally Posted by 2stepsahead (Post 15989348)
I reached officially FTL on 21/02 , although when I count the miles I reach >35k on 15/02 , and he also told me that is correct, but because officially on 21/02 , I did not recieve exec. bonus for 16 and 17 februari.

I recieved the exec bonus for the second flight on 15/02 because I did a mileage request after 21/02.

Is this standard procedure?
or incompetent staff ?

Exactly the same happened to me when I became FTL in 2009. I did not get executive bonus for flights taken after I crossed the threshold but before my status was changed. On the other hand, I did get executive bonus for a flight I took before reaching the threshold but which credited after my status had changed to FTL.

Here is M&M's explanation:

The Executive Bonus is allocated once you have been assigned the Frequent Traveller Status. As you achieved the status on 18 August 2009, you are entitled to the extra miles from that date onwards. The reason why you received the bonus mileage for your flight from 17 August 2009 is that it was transferred to your Miles & More account on 20 August 2009. Please understand that we cannot credit the Executive Bonus for flights that took place before your nomination.

krelle1 Mar 8, 2011 1:40 am

Originally Posted by 2stepsahead (Post 15989348)
the first guy on the phone told me it depends on the carrier

That is generally correct, so be aware of it when you make your future bookings! There are carriers in Star Alliance where you will not get the exec. bonus. Even if you book an LH ticket, but if you end up flying on a TG or SA flight, you will only get the miles, not the bonus.
(But in your case you seem to have selected a "bonusable" carrier, otherwise you would not have gotten the bonus on 22.02.. There must be a process problem at MM).

ngfan Nov 10, 2012 7:26 am

confused : exec. bonus ?

The above answer is in full contrast to the mail I received today after complaining that exec bonus was not granted on some LX flights after passing the FTL threshold. The M&M mail states that exec bonus will only be granted AFTER the FTL card had been ISSUED (which happened two months after I should have reached FTL because my qualifying TAM flight in C then wasn't credited automatically and took a while to be manually credited by LH). What did they smoke or is there a new policy ?