FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Lufthansa to install an electronic access system in its lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1091179-lufthansa-install-electronic-access-system-its-lounges.html)

Scoojitsu Aug 18, 2010 3:04 am

Maybe the computer recognizes the flight you are on when you check in and assumes that you leave when the flight starts boarding.

Flying Lawyer Aug 18, 2010 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Tyrolean (Post 14501745)
Either:
Install Sensors on all seats to see if the are occupied

Or:
Implant every frequent flyer an RFID-Chip (like cats, dogs or cows).
Easily scan if you enter or leave the Lounge...

This gives a totally new meaning to SENsor :D

SuperFlyBoy Aug 18, 2010 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 14055687)
Gate Agents: don't really see where they can go below the present min 2. Longhaul gates have 4, maybe there is some potential....I saw the SK experiment with cutting jobs at the gate and lounges, and it was comic at times what they expected of customers.

What is really comic is when a full MD-80 (at MUC) is only served by one LH GA, who spends their time walking to/from the aircraft on the aerobridge, and delaying the flight massively, when there should be at *least* 2 of them in position.

I agree that CPH can be pretty bad with those really small gate sitting areas for the large A330/340's, but when LH has the resources, and the staff are "bunking" their duties towards SK, it's really pathetic.

Originally Posted by Tyrolean (Post 14061454)
Which HON has 7 kids? As a SEN you either get HON or get kids!!

Well, if you get HON, you are probably "getting" kids all over the world, whether you realize it or not! :p (You're not getting "it" at home, that's for sure!)

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 14061706)
Yep. No kids here. (At least none that I know of! :p)

Ah, justifies my comment above! ;)

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer (Post 14074547)
A very good question indeed. If I rock up with an Air India credit card and my TK issue boarding pass for an UA flight. :confused:

Last I checked, AI hasn't bothered to co-brand with any cc... :p (Just a quip at AI, sorry! ;) )

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer (Post 14502403)
This gives a totally new meaning to SENsor :D

Good one! :D

oliver2002 Aug 19, 2010 2:32 pm

Going OT here, but LH only 'lends' staff to SK. I've seen the SK duty manager turn away the second GA when the gate opened saying 'oh, we don't need two'. BTW, I was at the gate early because the flight was oversold and I was standing by. :rolleyes: SK (like some other *A partners in MUC T2) doesn't use LH for everything in FRA and MUC, the ground handling is done by Avia, and there is a SK duty manager for the day overseeing the handling of all SK flights that day, but he/she usually doesn't stay at the gate.

Rus925 Aug 20, 2010 12:15 am

Originally Posted by wijomas (Post 14080177)
Or, your mother is your spouse and your father is the guest. :D

If you can get over the undertones of this, it's brilliant, because LH couldn't tell otherwise!