Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How is the LH lost luggage situation at FRA and MUC now (March24)?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:04 am
Original Poster

How is the LH lost luggage situation at FRA and MUC now (March24)?

A few months back - December/January - I observed that LH at their hubs FRA/MUC (at least) seemed to have huge problems with losing bags and delivering them to their clients. I remember:

- Reports about thousands of bags being taken by trucks to remote storage halls for ... whatever happened there
- Waiting times at bag delivery of well over an hour
- Public anouncements (loud speaker) at MUC arrivals halls that you should be patient and that it might take very long to receive your bags ... if at all
- Closed service desks at the lost luggage centre ... "in the likely event that your bags went missing just do the rest yourself online ..."

It seemed to be a huge mess and I avoided checking-in bags all those last months.

How is the situation now? Any first hand experience of the recent weeks?
I hope there is an internal service level KPI for this anoying issue ... any idea if things have improved or even got worse (e.g. because of the numerous strikes)?
nickal320 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:17 am

Thank you for this, OP, as I was going to ask the same thing... I will be transiting via MUC in just over a month because my original direct flight from BRU had a schedule change and will definitely have checked in luggage. I would love to have carry-on only, but with bottles of wine this isn't really possible...
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:52 am
hch

For my arrival in FRA earlier this week the luggage wait time wasn't great, but still "only" about half an hour including oversized sports luggage. Haven't heard any reports of an unusually high amount of lost luggage lately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.