Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tomorrow's Flights...Suddenly Full to the Brim?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2023, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Tomorrow's Flights...Suddenly Full to the Brim?

I'm not sure if something happened and flights got cancelled today but both the BOS-MUC and BOS-FRA flights went from wide open in all classes earlier today to zero'd out in all classes...?
Old Dec 22, 2023, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by nologic
I'm not sure if something happened and flights got cancelled today but both the BOS-MUC and BOS-FRA flights went from wide open in all classes earlier today to zero'd out in all classes...?
Tonight, when I went to check in online though, 1st Class had only four seats taken out of eight in terms of reserve seat assignments… I know that doesn’t mean that there aren’t reservations…maybe the airline has bumped lots of people up in every category and not yet assigned them seats… but you think if people had reservations that they would select seats especially in 1st Class

Last edited by nologic; Dec 22, 2023 at 8:50 pm
Old Dec 22, 2023, 10:58 pm

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by nologic
It was probably filled up with Upgrades and Awards. That's really a pain. I normally fly full fare F. The cabin is wide open until a few days, even a few hours before take off. I am looking forward for a very personal service in F and then the cabin gets filled up with these upgrades and awards. I hate it.
AJNEDC likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by athome
It was probably filled up with Upgrades and Awards. That's really a pain. I normally fly full fare F. The cabin is wide open until a few days, even a few hours before take off. I am looking forward for a very personal service in F and then the cabin gets filled up with these upgrades and awards. I hate it.
I understand your perspective, and I would have suspected something like that if it was just 1st Class… But the whole plane went from wide-open I mean we’re talking, you know economy had nine seats, which is what they show and business class at nine seats which means they both had more than those… And now the whole flight is zeroed out and the same thing with the Frankfurt flight… This is weird
Old Dec 23, 2023, 12:36 am

Programs: LH HON
Probably more to it but 4Y is striking this morning so some of their long hauls are cancelled so quite a few pax need to be rebooked
Old Dec 23, 2023, 1:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
If we are talking 23th Dec, LH423 BOS-FRA got cancelled which would explain the disappearing availability also on the BOS-MUC flight. Even one of BA flights BOS-LHR is cancelled so most BOS-Europe flights are likely going to be very full.

Availability can always change quickly when cancellations or delays happen. Better to be happy that one has a seat rather than worry about the cabin not being empty as hoped. Although I agree an empty flight is usually a much nicer experience for the passenger.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 3:24 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Then why don't you fly in private jet? In this case you can control how many pax will sit next to you. There are other full fare F pax who want/need/can buy last minute F.
curt, arf04, more4less and 5 others like this.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 5:52 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by olm022
Then why don't you fly in private jet? In this case you can control how many pax will sit next to you. There are other full fare F pax who want/need/can buy last minute F.
Thanks for the proposal. Would have never come to my mind, if you wouldn't have mentioned it.
But as I understand F should be primarily for paying passengers and not for awards/upgrades!

I normally follow up quiet closely how to cabin fills up and which seats are taken. I my - definitely not objective- conclusion is that the people getting upgrades/ awards do more oftenly not behave properly. I understand they might be excited, but one still should keep a certain standard when flying F. (For example not intruding the private space of other travelers or not taking photos of everything in the cabin including fellow travelers.)
Old Dec 23, 2023, 5:59 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Thanks for the proposal. Would have never come to my mind, if you wouldn't have mentioned it.
But as I understand F should be primarily for paying passengers and not for awards/upgrades!

I normally follow up quiet closely how to cabin fills up and which seats are taken. I my - definitely not objective- conclusion is that the people getting upgrades/ awards do more oftenly not behave properly. I understand they might be excited, but one still should keep a certain standard when flying F. (For example not taking photos of everything in the cabin including fellow travelers.)
Great to see that my proposal will now be useful to you to plan your travel by other means than "full fare F" so that others who pay for their travel can benefit from the first class and don't bother you with their "not objective" behavior.
curt, FS_FRA and the810 like this.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 11:10 pm

Programs: VS Gold
Why is LH 430 cancelled Dec 24th?

Wonder if anyone knows the reason?

I checked ExpertFlyer but there are no comments.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
It has an appalling ontime record for last few weeks, problems with A346
Old Dec 24, 2023, 1:26 am

Programs: VS Gold
Originally Posted by chris63
It has an appalling ontime record for last few weeks, problems with A346
Yes I noticed that. But what’s the root cause, I wonder?
Old Dec 24, 2023, 7:05 am

Programs: LX M&M
Originally Posted by maxmin
Wonder if anyone knows the reason?

I checked ExpertFlyer but there are no comments.
LH716 to HND got cancelled on short notice today as well.
hugolover likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 11:00 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by daumueller
Probably more to it but 4Y is striking this morning so some of their long hauls are cancelled so quite a few pax need to be rebooked
Was flying back from ORD yesterday and by coincidence was chatting with someone from LH in the security queue. He said that due to the strike, lots of people got rebooked to the key flights (ORD, BOS, NYC) and those got filled up now.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by olm022
Great to see that my proposal will now be useful to you to plan your travel by other means than "full fare F" so that others who pay for their travel can benefit from the first class and don't bother you with their "not objective" behavior.
first of all: Merry Christmas.
I am not planning to go your proposed means of travel. I'll try to get LH to go back to pre-Covid policy not to fill up First with upgrades and Awards "to the brim", but to keep it at an acceptable level for fully paid passengers.
LoungeLizzard likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.