Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Audi on Demand: rent an Audi in MUC for atleast 1 hour starting at 17€ and get 3000M

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Audi on Demand: rent an Audi in MUC for atleast 1 hour starting at 17€ and get 3000M

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2017, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Cool Audi on Demand: rent an Audi in MUC for atleast 1 hour starting at 17€ and get 3000M

Not sure if this is a deal worth flagging and it looks like being a bit of a fiddle, really. But you might be able to get 3,000 miles for €18 if you take an Audi for just one hour:

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online..._hprevstg__aod

And I think this Europcar deal is not too bad if you happen to need to make any rentals. It's restricted to Germany though:

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online..._hprevstg__eur
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Hmmm.... 3000 miles are worth 20-30€ in my book... the audi thinig maybe worth a try next time I'm in MUC
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:59 am

I mean, if you're gonna get and audi just for a hell of it, spend 11 euros more and get the TT convertible
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: LH
Originally Posted by Concerto
Not sure if this is a deal worth flagging and it looks like being a bit of a fiddle, really. But you might be able to get 3,000 miles for €18 if you take an Audi for just one hour:

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online..._hprevstg__aod
Took the S3 for a spin. It costs 21 euro. At that time the choice was Q1 17e, A3 18e, S3 or S7 for 48e.

The audi agents are unable to advise on a good route, I was just pointed towards Munich downtown. Sadly, there were multiple roadworks and sectors with no speed limit were very short. Do your homework and try to plan your route ahead to maximize the experience.
All in all it was a nice alternative how to spend layover.

I can't tell how much fuel did i use as it was still showing full. However I have managed to increase the avg consuption from 8.9 to 12.7 l/100 km.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:43 am

Great, I hope you get the miles for it. Actually, I'll be in Munich myself this Sunday but it's probably too late to set it all up now. I'd forgotten about this.

If it were me, I would point the car northeast up the A92 towards Landshut. Just having a look at it now. Was signing up for this somewhat complicated? Going through the webpages, it says the offer is valid for rides from April 1 to July 31.
If you click on the m&m link it will direct you to a landing page which says July-December. I shall see in 4 weeks. I have booked mine 2 days prior the trip. Go ahead and book yours. Signing up requires submitting your drivers licence details beside name and address. Second step is a credit card, where they deducy 50 cent for verification. Then you just login and book the car. You will receive a QR code, which you show to the agent. It becomes active only 15 before the original booking time. If you arrive sooner you need to wait. They copy your licemce and ID, you sign a waiver that you will not take audi to the race track and you will not turn off the ESP and you're all set. Have fun!
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm going to set it up for early Monday, before a flight out to the gulag somewhere in the middle of Russia. Does this have to be done on the app, given we're talking about QR codes here?

EDIT: Doesn't work on Monday morning because it's outside opening hours, which begin at 10h and end at 18h (see the FAQs). So I made a reservation for Sunday afternoon, when I arrive at Munich. It seems you don't lose any money if you don't manage to turn up for your reservation. The system simply cancels it after 30 minutes and releases the car for another customer. The QR code will become active just before the reservation, but I wonder if my iPad has to be online for that to happen.

My DB train/bus ticket is from Montreux to München Flughafen but I will sleep in downtown Munich (international tickets are valid 14 days so I can overnight in Munich and continue to MUC the following morning). So that means I will have to take the S-Bahn back into Munich after the Audi rental, which will mean another 12 Euros cost (not cheap, that S-Bahn, rather diminishes the miles value of this offer), then back to the airport the following morning. Unless somebody has a better idea or suggestion (Mercure hotel in non-refundable rate).

Last edited by Concerto; Oct 27, 2017 at 2:35 pm Reason: updated info
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Special miles earning offers seem to be in short supply this month, although the Audi on Demand one is going until the end of the year.

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=18002

The only other one which is vaguely interesting is from getAbstract, 5,000 extra miles for ordering getAbstract "Pro", only because this is a potentially useful and good product. Although I don't need business book summaries myself, there are many who might. I assume the 5,000 is on top of the regular 15,000 miles. If you can get it to price in dollars it could be worth doing.

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=18002
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raffa
did you do it?
I'm curious about the details, as I'd like to try it myself, too
Right, I had my fun last Sunday, having booked the second car on the list, the A3 Sportback, €18 per hour. If you come out of the S-Bahn ad I did, you have to go up two levels: it's on the level above the car rental outlets and Edeka supermarket. It's best found by going out into the central open air plaza between the two terminals and going up the escalator.

The reception had a borderline air of Munich snobbishness, but I spoke clear German with the guy there, which surprised him because I'm a Brit, and I showed an interest in his work and the Audi Sphere and he turned out to be really nice and helpful (setting up navigation, explaining technical details about the car, etc.) So don't be put off by the initial impression. They all speak excellent English, both conversational and technical, if you want to go into details about the latter.

I went for a sunset spin up the A92 to Landshut and managed to hit 200kph on the highway at two points. I was super careful about speed limits, so I hope I didn't get caught out: there is a section of road works reduced to 100kph which drops to 80kph for about 200m at one point. Then, the white 80kph sign with a diagonal stroke through it was followed by no further speed limits until the exit for Landshut. Many other drivers were hitting high speeds too.

So I managed a short circuit, following the B.15 then B.11 from the pretty town center of Landshut back to the A92 westbound. At the airport, try and circle around to the left of the airport (follow the navi), prepare for a very sudden unsigned right exit (no deceleration lane from the dual carriageway) and you'll find yourself on the correct side of the road exactly where you started. I completed the circuit in 59 minutes! There is a 10 minute margin before the next hour starts being charged. Have fun, and drive carefully. There is little margin for error at speeds of 200kph.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:29 pm

Right, I had my fun last Sunday, having booked the second car on the list, the A3 Sportback, €18 per hour.
S3 was not available? It was only 3e more. Nimble car and I dont like audi. Glad you enjoyed it. Lets see when the miles post. Dont forget to retroclaim them.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: M&M FTL
The clock starts ticking the minute you sign the contract, so don’t waste too much time talking with the agent. Don’t mention the miles, they don’t know anything about it (apparently). Getting the miles is a separate process which they have nothing to do with.
thank you for sharing your informations.

I'll also share my experience from today, maybe it could be useful for others...

As previously reported, the whole process is very quick. I already booked the car on the website. They just check your driving license and you put a couple of signatures on some documents.
Then the agent checks the car exterior with you so you both agree that it's without faults or scratches. the same will be done when you give back the car.
in my case the 1-hour period started when he handed me the keys and he scanned the qr code. we were already outside in the car, so I didn't waste time with the documents.

I booked an S5 for an hour, I went up to Landshut on the A92, quickly exited the autobahn at a roundabout nearby, then went straight back on it.
the car was really nice (first time on a proper sport car for me) and being able to push it on the road was great, too. there was a bit of traffic but nothing too bad. I was also very careful to the signals on the road.

then I got back to the Audi center on time, the guy checked the car, I handed the keys back, and I immediately got an email with the invoice and the details for the M&M offer. I was offered some drinks and we talked a little bit, one of the guys asked me how did I find the Audi On Demand offer, and at that point I mentioned the M&M offer. He was totally cool with it, he already knew about it and he smiled. I was honest and said something like "well, I had a 3 hours layover and I saw the M&M offer so for me was a good chance to try a really nice car!" and he agreed.

that's it, a very nice experience for me, and now let's wait for the 3k miles back
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:45 am

Audi on Demand miles were just posted into my account. It took almost 3 weeks.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I had to retroclaim for the miles for an Audi on Demand rental (29th October) and the miles have only just turned up now. I am still waiting for the 5,000 for the recent Budget promotion.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 3:08 pm

I had to retroclaim for the miles for an Audi on Demand rental (29th October) and the miles have only just turned up now. I am still waiting for the 5,000 for the recent Budget promotion.
That is quite some overtime. Mine were posted exactly 14 days after claim. Just how they promised. Anyway, was a good promotion.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:16 am

I still didn't get my miles for the Audi promotion.
how should I request them? is there a link/form or something?

I submitted the invoice on 13 November and got this automated reply:
"Thank you for sending us your Audi on demand invoice. We will check your details immediately and credit your miles to your mileage account within 4 weeks."

Last edited by raffa; Dec 22, 2017 at 4:30 am
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by raffa
I still didn't get my miles for the Audi promotion.
how should I request them? is there a link/form or something?

I submitted the invoice on 13 November and got this automated reply:
"Thank you for sending us your Audi on demand invoice. We will check your details immediately and credit your miles to your mileage account within 4 weeks."
sorry guys, I still didn't get my miles.
I can't find the M&M link on the audiondemand webpage anymore. maybe the promo expired?
I already submitted my invoice but never got anything, just an automated reply.
anyway, I was also looking at the retroactive credit on the M&M website, but that got me to a PDF to submit via mail. isn't there an email or form? I mean, it's 2018... posting a printed letter!?
anyone can help me?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.