Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The definitive LH First experience thread [including how to maximize it]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by MichielR

I will, next time we are both in the FCT...
Sounds good to me, would be a pleasure
Old Mar 23, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by chris63
All you would need to do is recount that story to your PA next time your in FCT
I can confirm that it does work. Travelled via the FCT a while ago on one of my “big” birthdays and did not know about the birthday ducks at the time. On a more recent visit, I showed the PA my old boarding pass on my phone and told her that I was not aware of the birthday ducks when traveling via the FCT on my birthday. A few minutes later, she showed up with such a duck ...
chris63 and MichielR like this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 11:09 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Plane2323....... I am doing the same VCE-ORD route in about a month, the identical situation trying to move from LX to LH. Interesting enough, but I don't recall there being LH F-class on the MUC-ORD route. I believe that route flies an A350, and I believe they only have Bus on that route for that plane.

If you have never experienced the FCT at FRA... it is special for the one time experience, not to mention the bragging rights when you get back home. The ride from FCT to your plane is kind of cool, but getting out and being so close to a jumbo plane is incredible. Sometimes you get some envious looks from other pax when you step out of the elevator that take you up to the boarding bridge and they usher you ahead of everyone else.

4h in FCT would be a pretty ideal amount of time there.... have a wonderful brunch between flights with a cocktail or two... and not be rushed at all.

Doing FCT in FRA and then doing FCL in MUC would be a great way to experience both.... I think you will find both wonderful experiences.... and the car transfer is the only benefit....... in my case, Mrs. B would not be happy with either the early flight departure out of VCE nor the extra time and agony of making two connections on a return flight after 2 weeks of traipsing(sp?) around Europe.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 6:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Blogger 'enjoying' LH F:

Old Aug 30, 2021, 6:30 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I love how quickly it went from yay to nay.

Shows again that for proper enjoyment of it all, the proper attitude is essential. People, especially those trying to maximize F, tend to take themselves way too seriously Just sit back and enjoy...
mercflight and hhdl like this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Almost laughable... the trouble to bring their OWN (sic) mother of pearl spoon... but then take all the garnishes? 'True' connoisseurs would eat the caviar plain, with nothing.
MichielR and CappuccinoAddict like this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 6:39 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Almost laughable... the trouble to bring their OWN (sic) mother of pearl spoon... but then take all the garnishes? 'True' connoisseurs would eat the caviar plain, with nothing.
Yes!!! Someone who understands Every once in a while a purser asks, “you SURE?!” and it’s like damn right. All of these distractions just take away from the main act.

This blogger is hilarious though. What did we pay for? Umm … value of points aside, pretty sure not much. lol
Old Aug 30, 2021, 8:17 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Yes!!! Someone who understands Every once in a while a purser asks, “you SURE?!” and it’s like damn right. All of these distractions just take away from the main act.

This blogger is hilarious though. What did we pay for? Umm … value of points aside, pretty sure not much. lol
By maximizing miles and points, cheap deals, sales, backpacking, and couchsurfing Rocky has traveled to 75 countries and still counting.”

Indeed, what did he pay?
Old Sep 6, 2021, 2:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Oh dear:

Nick Art likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 11:36 am

Hopefully, the FCT Twitter team will announce when they run out so that some dumba$$ will not cross the Atlantic for a plastic duck.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYC1
Hopefully, the FCT Twitter team will announce when they run out so that some dumba$$ will not cross the Atlantic for a plastic duck.
😂

Still lots of stock today
Old Sep 6, 2021, 12:49 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by NYC1
Some people here have no issue getting on a plane for a lot less. And by the time they're on it, does distance really mean anything? If anything the Atlantic crossing let's them enjoy wine and champagne they couldn't possibly have at home, and food that's among the best they've ever had in their entire lives. And then they can sit in a lounge all day and do nothing but eat more food.

Edit: I'm scared that people here won't read this as sarcastic.
Nick Art and DiamondMile like this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sophialite
Some people here have no issue getting on a plane for a lot less. And by the time they're on it, does distance really mean anything? If anything the Atlantic crossing let's them enjoy wine and champagne they couldn't possibly have at home, and food that's among the best they've ever had in their entire lives. And then they can sit in a lounge all day and do nothing but eat more food.

This is Flyer talk
Old Sep 6, 2021, 1:13 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by sophialite

I could think of worse ways to spend a weekend.
Lot cheaper tho.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 5:46 am

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by chris63
Yes, they are nice kits but it’s seriously cheap of LH to be handing out expired products in F
Yeah actually there were other parts of my flight that were also cheapened a bit -- no La Prairie in the lavs, but L'Occtaine instead; peanuts instead of macadamia nuts during boarding. Nothing huge, but also not typical.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.