FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles-507/)
-   -   Consolidated "Customs and Immigration at LAX" thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/los-angeles/736477-consolidated-customs-immigration-lax-thread.html)

SCChris Jun 21, 2023 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by OskiBear (Post 35350559)
In the new GE set-up, the CBP agents have been calling out my name. I guess it pops up on their monitor. So, it had been a relatively good flow in the past...you get the machine to clear you and then as you walk to the exit/agent, the agent calls out "OskiBear" and you sort of mutually acknowledge each other and proceed. I did notice on Sunday that the officer wasn't actively calling out names so I slowed as I approached him and made eye contact at which point he then called my name and I moved on. I always figured that was a necessary step.

The handheld/screen has the name, picture and a color coding (green/red) of the last several people who went through. Each time they've called my name as I've passed. When I went through at MIA a couple months ago they also asked if I had anything to declare.

Professor Yaffle Jan 11, 2024 7:43 am

Does anyone have recent experience of immigration at TBIT using the Mobile Passport App (I am a UK citizen, no GE). Are there separate lines at immigration for the app, are they clearly signed and do they make a difference?

Thanks!

marconess Jan 17, 2024 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Professor Yaffle (Post 35898841)
Does anyone have recent experience of immigration at TBIT using the Mobile Passport App (I am a UK citizen, no GE). Are there separate lines at immigration for the app, are they clearly signed and do they make a difference?

Thanks!

When are you travellng? Im away to LAX in a couple weeks I will try and report back.

Professor Yaffle Jan 17, 2024 6:20 am

Originally Posted by marconess (Post 35916690)
When are you travellng? Im away to LAX in a couple weeks I will try and report back.

Tomorrow :D

marconess Jan 17, 2024 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Professor Yaffle (Post 35916875)
Tomorrow :D

Ha, are you trying it? Please report back ;)

Professor Yaffle Jan 23, 2024 6:16 am

Originally Posted by marconess (Post 35916904)
Ha, are you trying it? Please report back ;)

For anyone eligible, definitely download the MPC app and have it ready just in case. I landed into LAX on Thursday, seemingly 30m behind 2 massive asian flights. Going downstairs into the immigration hall, the non-US was horrendous - the worst I have ever seen - easily a 2 hour wait.
There were a couple of MPC signs upstairs, but nothing obvious once you went down the stairs into the main hall at TBIT. I kept walking past the main immigration line towards the US/GE queues and asked someone about MPC - and was directed to a separate desk which was marked for MPC, diplomats etc, and which was also clearly being used for people with express connection tickets. Desk was no. 44 or close to that - was next to the crew entry desks.
I was through in 10m max, so easily saved 2 hours.
Interestingly BA announced MPC as part of the arrival speech, but said it was only available to US/Canadian citizens :rolleyes:. Hopefully it remains a secret :D.

marconess Jan 24, 2024 3:38 am

Originally Posted by Professor Yaffle (Post 35934455)
For anyone eligible, definitely download the MPC app and have it ready just in case. I landed into LAX on Thursday, seemingly 30m behind 2 massive asian flights. Going downstairs into the immigration hall, the non-US was horrendous - the worst I have ever seen - easily a 2 hour wait.
There were a couple of MPC signs upstairs, but nothing obvious once you went down the stairs into the main hall at TBIT. I kept walking past the main immigration line towards the US/GE queues and asked someone about MPC - and was directed to a separate desk which was marked for MPC, diplomats etc, and which was also clearly being used for people with express connection tickets. Desk was no. 44 or close to that - was next to the crew entry desks.
I was through in 10m max, so easily saved 2 hours.
Interestingly BA announced MPC as part of the arrival speech, but said it was only available to US/Canadian citizens :rolleyes:. Hopefully it remains a secret :D.

This is fantastic news. Will def download and try and use and report back for my trip next week.

marconess Jan 31, 2024 7:50 pm

Arrived at around 3.30pm. used MCP and had nobody in front of me. Literally nobody. And this was with me at the back of a A350.