LAX-it - no Uber or Lyft pick-ups at terminals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: downinit
What's New on October 29:
Taxi/Uber/Lyft/Opoli/TNCs pickups move from Upper Level to LAX-it (east of Terminal 1, follow Lime Green Signs or take green LAX-it shuttles on Lower Level Inner Curb)
Taxi(only) in addition to LAX-it, taxis can also be picked up inside parking structure 3 (between TBIT & Terminal 3, lower level) and at the far end of Terminal 7 (outside baggage claim); if there are no taxis in the rank, there is a sign with a number to call to request one
Hotel/Private Parking Shuttles move from Lower Level to Upper Level (Red Signs)
FlyAway (Light Blue Signs) and all LAWA buses (A - Airline Connector, C - LAX City Bus Center, E - Lot E, M - Green Line, X - Employee parking) move from Lower Level Outer Island to Lower Level Inner Curb (Pink/Magenta Signs)
Shared Ride Vans (e.g. Super Shuttle), Charter Buses, and Scheduled Buses/Shuttles (Antelope Valley, Central Coast, Mickey's Space Ship, Santa Barbara Airbus, Shuttle One, Shuttle 2000, Ventura County Airporter) move and consolidate to Lower Level Outer Island Curbs (Orange Signs)
Rental Car Shuttles move to different locations on the Lower Level Outer Island Curbs (Purple Signs)
TCP (Limos/Uber Black/Lyft Lux Black) and Personal Vehicles (e.g. a friend you coerced into picking you up) move from Lower Level Inner Curb to the Lower Level Outer Island Curb (White Zones/Painted Curbs)

Fly LAX Official Twitter Feed with general information.
Fly LAX Stats Official Twitter feed with time to T1 from outside the airport and time through the U on the upper and lower levels.
Skift Press Release (scroll down to the PDF for details of who picks up where)
New LAX Pickup Locations effective 2am 10/29/19 (pdf from Skift press release in first post)
Oct 31 LAX press release on LAX-it updates
Print Wikipost

LAX-it - no Uber or Lyft pick-ups at terminals

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2021, 2:42 pm

Or you could call up LAX Accessible Taxi Dispatch and ask them to send you a Taxi to the Handicapped Waiting area at the terminal and voila a Taxi appears! I have low vision and I am going to try this as the Uber/Lyft setup sure don't sound ADA friendly! Can Uber/Lyft pickup a passenger with a disability at the lower level inside the terminal? if not I consider this a violation of the ADA as it seems like waiting in a long line would be hard for so many people including Senior Citizens.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 4:00 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
From the LAX-it website:
LAX-it for Senior and Disabled Guests

Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) has put many elements in place to make sure that seniors and persons with disabilities have an easy and comfortable experience.

Assistance is available for passengers with disabilities.
All LAX-it shuttles are ADA accessible. There are two types of buses in operation, large and small. Large buses are low floor (no stairs) and features wheelchair ramps for those who need them. Small buses have steps and is equipped with a wheelchair lift. If large bus is preferred, please consider bypassing the smaller buses and wait for the large bus. For additional assistance, please e-mail [email protected] in advanced of your arrival to LAX. We will make every effort to provide boarding and luggage assistance.
The LAX-it shuttle is free. The LAX-it shuttles will travel in lanes dedicated only to LAWA-operated buses and shuttles.
Passengers traveling with a wheelchair
  • Go to the nearest LAX-it shuttle stop. Stops are located on the arrivals (lower) level adjacent to baggage claim areas and have a green column wrap. Wheelchair passengers should proceed to the front of the line for priority boarding.
  • All LAX-it shuttles have ADA compliant wheelchair tie down areas, and all necessary hardware. The shuttle driver will assist in securing the wheelchair for travel for persons with disabilities.
  • Upon arrival at LAX-it, the driver will assist in removing the wheelchair tie down hardware. Lot attendant is available to assist passenger get off the shuttle and with luggage, as needed.

Passengers requiring airline wheelchair assistance
  • Airline attendant will assist in taking the passenger to the arrivals (lower) level LAX-it shuttle stop. Passenger will be brought to the front of the line for priority boarding.
  • Upon arrival at LAX-it, a wheelchair will meet the passenger at the shuttle.
Moderator's Note:

This is a factual/informational forum. It is not the place to debate whether the LAX-it setup is in compliance with the ADA or the ACAA.

Future posts opining, arguing or debating that LAX-it setup discriminates against passengers with disabilities will be summarily deleted.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 1:44 pm

Can you take a hotel/car rental shuttle or the green line shuttle or a parking spot shuttle and order an Uber/Lyft from there?
The prices are a lot lower a few blocks away from airport and you save the airport fee!
Old Jul 12, 2022, 1:54 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Shinji4u
Can you take a hotel/car rental shuttle or the green line shuttle or a parking spot shuttle and order an Uber/Lyft from there?
The prices are a lot lower a few blocks away from airport and you save the airport fee!
Walk to Sepulveda at Century and get a city bus or an Uber southbound or eastbound from there. For northbound, walk to the Hyatt across Sepulveda. It's 2 minutes from LAX-it and it saves the $4 airport surcharge instantly. Also the drivers don't have to wait in line.
Shinji4u likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
Walk to Sepulveda at Century and get a city bus or an Uber southbound or eastbound from there. For northbound, walk to the Hyatt across Sepulveda. It's 2 minutes from LAX-it and it saves the $4 airport surcharge instantly. Also the drivers don't have to wait in line.
Thx, good to know.
But I would prefer not to walk with the luggage ;-)
Old Jul 12, 2022, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Thx, good to know.
So take the shuttle/bus/public/private conveyance with your luggage and request the Uber/Lyft/etc. from there.

David
Shinji4u likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Hyatt/QuikPark's shuttles will gladly take Uber/Lyft's customers for $25, according to posters inside their vehicles.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 6:49 pm
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Thx, good to know.
Check the map to see the short distance from LAXit to Sepulveda. LAXit is halfway between Terminal 1 and Sepulveda. If your bag has wheels it's easy. I've walked to and from Terminal 1 hundreds of times.
Shinji4u likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by nsx
Check the map to see the short distance from LAXit to Sepulveda. LAXit is halfway between Terminal 1 and Sepulveda. If your bag has wheels it's easy. I've walked to and from Terminal 1 hundreds of times.
Comming from TBIT with 2 bags.
nsx likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Comming from TBIT with 2 bags.
Then take the LAXit shuttle. Then walk to Hyatt.
Shinji4u likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
Is $4 really worth the extra walk across Sepulveda with two luggage? Let's not get silly here... if you are walking to In-N-Out to get some burgers, sure, order an Uber from there and that LAX surcharge will pay for for a cheeseburger. But I wouldn't waste my time walking from the LAX-It lot, cross the street, and then wait for an Uber from Hyatt just to avoid the fee.

It's a different story if there is a long wait for both Uber and Lyft. But I'd take a taxi before I walk across Sepulveda and try Uber and Lyft again. You may find that the wait time is not any different.
nsx, Need, m.y and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bzcat
Is $4 really worth the extra walk across Sepulveda with two luggage? Let's not get silly here... if you are walking to In-N-Out to get some burgers, sure, order an Uber from there and that LAX surcharge will pay for for a cheeseburger. But I wouldn't waste my time walking from the LAX-It lot, cross the street, and then wait for an Uber from Hyatt just to avoid the fee.

It's a different story if there is a long wait for both Uber and Lyft. But I'd take a taxi before I walk across Sepulveda and try Uber and Lyft again. You may find that the wait time is not any different.
At peak demand, much more than 4.

David
Shinji4u likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 1:24 am

Checked yesterday, Uber from Lax-it 85 dollar, from anywhere offside 42 dollar.

Maybe I could get the green line shuttle and get an Uber at the station? The shuttle is free, I haven’t to carry the luggage and it is cheaper from the station.
nsx likes this.

Last edited by Shinji4u; Jul 14, 2022 at 3:01 am
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:47 am
nsx
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Maybe I could get the green line shuttle and get an Uber at the station? The shuttle is free, I haven’t to carry the luggage and it is cheaper from the station.
Yes that will work. Or the shuttle to the LAX bus center which is closer. I’m shocked at the price difference you found. My info is a few years old but I recall $4 as the airport imposed surcharge. The rest could be just Uber’s pricing engine. The price difference should be less for Lyft and less at non peak hours.
Shinji4u likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agreed - once at Aviation Station, easy and cheaper to get an Uber - have done this and it works.

Only points I'd make is that the Green Line bus can be packed especially at rush hour and that you may need to stand.

David
nsx and Shinji4u like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.