Wiki Posts
Search

Weather in March

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2011, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: IC, WN, Hyatt, Avis
Weather in March

We had such a great time in southern California in August we were thinking of taking our spring break week there instead of Florida this year. Airfares to Florida, usually around $75 each way from BUF are almost twice as much this year, and flights to LAX are now almost the same price.

What is the weather like in Anaheim or San Diego in March? Would outdoor swimming pools be open?

Thanks
B.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
You're probably looking at highs in the 70s or so with lows in the upper 50s or lower 60s. All in all, the weather is likely to be quite amenable to someone escaping a Northeastern winter.

However, this is the time of year when the weather is least predictable. You could find yourself looking at highs only in the 40s or well up into the 80s. And if it's raining here, it's almost certainly sometime between the beginning of November and the end of March.

As far as the pools go, I don't really know. None of the public ones would be open. And hotels pools might be open ... more likely so if it's heated. This is because southern Californians find the conditions I described in the first paragraph to be downright brutal. We have that luxury.

So come on out! Whatever the weather is here, it will almost certainly be more pleasant than the weather in BUF in mid-March. Remember to pack a sweatshirt just in case; and you'll be good to go.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not many truly public pools around Anaheim anyways to worry about. Hotel pools will be open, but depending on the weather you may or may not want to use them. The beach will be downright chilly.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
You can get an occasional 85 to 90 degree day in So Ca during March. I'd plan for a hotel with a pool and if you are lucky you might be able to make it to the beach.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IC, WN, Hyatt, Avis
Thanks for the info - Florida in March can be a hit or miss too - personally I'd rather spend a week in California! I'll keep checking on flight prices ...
Old Nov 1, 2011, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even if it is 90 the ocean temperature will be icy cold. But sometimes kids don't mind. Also use caution if you have kids or anyone who is not a very strong swimmer as lifeguards presence is minimal to non-existant in the off season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.