Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will LP Mail Tickets in August?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2005, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Will LP Mail Tickets in August?

I booked four tickets for September. I was told they will mail them 30 days before departure. I asked to pay the expediate fee to get them before June 30 and was told NO! What happens if they aren't around?
I guess the only solution would be book for July 5th then they will send tickets for the expediate fee, then you call Taca and change back to September dates. This could add $50 to expediate plus $35 per ticket x four hello an extra $190 total but full assurance. If LP closes since I paid the $88 taxes and have a Taca confirmation will they honor the tickets?
Old Jun 15, 2005, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Standard Operating Procedure for LP/GP!!

It seems someone have said they will expedite tickets without charge as they want to put this behind them (see other thread). And why not do it with the expedite fee, which was normal process and helped those with fears of LP/GP problems - best to have ticket in hand??

Who did you speak with? Did you re-try?

And who knows if seats will be available when you try to change with TACA?

LP/GP continues to be the KING of confusion and inefficient processing (anyone else have handwritten ticket?).
Old Jun 15, 2005, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

I spoke with Danielle she said standard procedure was 30 days prior to departure. Speaking with Taca agent in San Sal Valador he said from his point not that many calls from global pass which is great.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was told today that exactly the same procedure as before still applies: they will send them a few weeks before scheduled departure date if you just pay the normal fee. If you want them sent more or less as you order them, you need to pay the expedite fee. I did not want to take any chances so paid the expedite fee, or rather fees as I had several awards and the fee is due for each PNR.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 2:19 pm

Programs: Former DL GM, NW Platinum, UNITED PREMIER, STARWOOD GOLD, RG, LP, US, AA & OTHERS
Pick up?

Has anyone ever picked up their ticket at the GlobalPass office?
Old Jun 26, 2005, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by BOA VIAGEM
Has anyone ever picked up their ticket at the GlobalPass office?
I picked one up a couple of years ago. I was giong to be in Miami anyway and they even waived the expedite fee (it was over 21 days after booking, but more than 30 days before departure).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.