FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   LatinPass/GlobalPass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latinpass-globalpass-494/)
-   -   Avianca Airlines suspends relationship with GlobalPass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latinpass-globalpass/384360-avianca-airlines-suspends-relationship-globalpass.html)

davistev Dec 29, 2004 2:22 am

Avianca Airlines suspends relationship with GlobalPass

It looks like Avianca members now can use the GlobalPass site to check their accounts etc. When I last logged on, I had a choice between Avianca or GlobalPass.

Looks like GP is growing.

Moderator Note: Avianca Airlines has withdrawn its participation effective immediately. Please see Post #5 below.

SFO_FT Jan 3, 2005 10:17 pm

that's interesting (strange) ... was told by Avianca reservations and GlobalPass that use of GlobalPass for award travel is temporarily suspended (no new reservations allowed) and no one knows WHEN AV can be used, if ever, again.

craz Jan 4, 2005 12:27 am

Ill miss them dearly, loved the 767 out of JFK in Biz. guess we are down to Groupa Taca only. They're OK but I dont care for the 320s

rpg1973 Jan 4, 2005 3:38 pm

I logged in the GP site with my AV account, but my current PIN did not work, so I should request a new one. Neither the AV account balance nor the miles purchase are available.

freeflyer Jan 6, 2005 11:19 pm

Posted January 5th, 2005

Avianca Airlines suspends relationship with GlobalPass.

Upon emerging from its bankruptcy proceedings and without providing an advance notice, Avianca Airlines has withdrawn its participation effective immediately and has suspended its long time Affiliate Airline and program relationship with GlobalPass.

Avianca Airlines will no longer allow GlobalPass Customers and Affiliate Program Customers to earn miles for flown segments or redeem miles.

Privilegios members are no longer eligible for GlobalPass benefits and will not be able to earn mileage credits or redeem miles on GlobalPass Service Providers.

We regret any inconvenience resulting from Avianca’s abrupt action and will do our very best to resolve any problems as quickly and effectively as possible.

craz Jan 6, 2005 11:59 pm

Man now Ill be stuck on Tacas 320s to get to Rio or BA, I didnt like them that much to Central Am always flew AV when it was possible, not only for the service but AVs Biz in the 767s were more than decent.
i guess Ill have to stop my florida trips even at $135-150 from NYC and use up the miles going to SJO and the neighborhood.

dhacker Jan 7, 2005 6:29 am

I have edited the thread title to reflect the bad news.

milesrus Jan 7, 2005 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by craz
Ill miss them dearly, loved the 767 out of JFK in Biz. guess we are down to Groupa Taca only. They're OK but I dont care for the 320s

You said down to Taca. Is KLM? or anybody else left? If not I would assume that maybe a flood to Taca would make them also pull out

davistev Jan 8, 2005 1:07 am

Looks like we are left with:

TACA
KLM
Aeropostal
Southern Winds

MileageAddict Jan 8, 2005 7:20 am

Originally Posted by davistev
Looks like we are left with:

TACA
KLM
Aeropostal
Southern Winds

After my booking last week (ticket has already arrived via UPS overnight) I am left with a nice even 100 miles in my GlobalPass account. Buh bye!

jaguar Jan 8, 2005 4:06 pm

What a bummer. At least all I'm down to is 65K miles.