Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

Avianca Airlines suspends relationship with GlobalPass

Old Dec 29, 04, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG, Choice, Alaska, Avianca, Japan Airlines

It looks like Avianca members now can use the GlobalPass site to check their accounts etc. When I last logged on, I had a choice between Avianca or GlobalPass.

Looks like GP is growing.

Moderator Note: Avianca Airlines has withdrawn its participation effective immediately. Please see Post #5 below.

Last edited by dhacker; Jan 7, 05 at 6:26 am
Old Jan 3, 05, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, SPG GLD, HH Diam
that's interesting (strange) ... was told by Avianca reservations and GlobalPass that use of GlobalPass for award travel is temporarily suspended (no new reservations allowed) and no one knows WHEN AV can be used, if ever, again.
Old Jan 4, 05, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ill miss them dearly, loved the 767 out of JFK in Biz. guess we are down to Groupa Taca only. They're OK but I dont care for the 320s
Old Jan 4, 05, 3:38 pm

Programs: FB Plat, SA *S, RG Gold
I logged in the GP site with my AV account, but my current PIN did not work, so I should request a new one. Neither the AV account balance nor the miles purchase are available.
Old Jan 6, 05, 11:19 pm

Unhappy

Posted January 5th, 2005

Avianca Airlines suspends relationship with GlobalPass.

Upon emerging from its bankruptcy proceedings and without providing an advance notice, Avianca Airlines has withdrawn its participation effective immediately and has suspended its long time Affiliate Airline and program relationship with GlobalPass.

Avianca Airlines will no longer allow GlobalPass Customers and Affiliate Program Customers to earn miles for flown segments or redeem miles.

Privilegios members are no longer eligible for GlobalPass benefits and will not be able to earn mileage credits or redeem miles on GlobalPass Service Providers.

We regret any inconvenience resulting from Avianca’s abrupt action and will do our very best to resolve any problems as quickly and effectively as possible.
Old Jan 6, 05, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Man now Ill be stuck on Tacas 320s to get to Rio or BA, I didnt like them that much to Central Am always flew AV when it was possible, not only for the service but AVs Biz in the 767s were more than decent.
i guess Ill have to stop my florida trips even at $135-150 from NYC and use up the miles going to SJO and the neighborhood.

Last edited by craz; Jan 8, 05 at 9:47 pm
Old Jan 7, 05, 6:29 am

I have edited the thread title to reflect the bad news.
Old Jan 7, 05, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by craz
Ill miss them dearly, loved the 767 out of JFK in Biz. guess we are down to Groupa Taca only. They're OK but I dont care for the 320s
You said down to Taca. Is KLM? or anybody else left? If not I would assume that maybe a flood to Taca would make them also pull out
Old Jan 8, 05, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG, Choice, Alaska, Avianca, Japan Airlines
Looks like we are left with:

TACA
KLM
Aeropostal
Southern Winds
Old Jan 8, 05, 7:20 am
Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Originally Posted by davistev
Looks like we are left with:

TACA
KLM
Aeropostal
Southern Winds

After my booking last week (ticket has already arrived via UPS overnight) I am left with a nice even 100 miles in my GlobalPass account. Buh bye!
Old Jan 8, 05, 4:06 pm

Programs: United 1K
What a bummer. At least all I'm down to is 65K miles.

Search this Thread