Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

experience with latam business upgrade bidding...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2019, 8:48 am
Original Poster

does anyone have any experience with LATAM's business class bidding before a flight? my wife and I are flying coach, and want to take a chance to upgrade, we will bid 300 per person for the upgrade, but I think you only find out 12 hours before?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
It uses Plusgrade, a lot of airlines are using this system. There is a minimum bid and you find out if you get the upgrade 12 hours before the flight via mail. If the J Cabin is too full, you may get the upgrade confirmation at the gate. Sadly you don't get to know how many empty seats there are, neither how many people are in the waitlist and what position you are

LATAM Black (OWE) gets their complementary upgrade first, then biddings, then Platinum and Gold (OWS and OWR) and finally airline employees.

Good luck
Old Nov 7, 2019, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Semphyra
It uses Plusgrade, a lot of airlines are using this system. There is a minimum bid and you find out if you get the upgrade 12 hours before the flight via mail. If the J Cabin is too full, you may get the upgrade confirmation at the gate. Sadly you don't get to know how many empty seats there are, neither how many people are in the waitlist and what position you are

LATAM Black (OWE) gets their complementary upgrade first, then biddings, then Platinum and Gold (OWS and OWR) and finally airline employees.

Good luck
im surprised they only let you know 12 hours before, it would be nice to know sooner so as to know if we can bring another checked luggage...
Old Nov 8, 2019, 3:51 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
I think checked baggage allowance doesn't change? I have a screenshot of the upgrade bidding website and it just mentions as benefits: check-in preferente, embarque preferente, acceder a salones VIP.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 7:30 am
Original Poster

can you show me this screenshot?
Old Nov 11, 2019, 10:35 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Old Dec 29, 2019, 2:23 am

could you take the screenshot of English , thks
Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:35 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
If upgrade is successful, you do get all the business class perks, including extra bag allowance.

Having said that, you can get the upgrade as late as at the gate.

Last time I bid for an upgrade for LAX LIM I got it as I checked in at the airport 2 hours before departure time.
kthomas likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 4:42 am

Programs: SkyTeam: AF/KL Gold. Star Alliance: CM Gold; AV Gold; UA. OneWorld: BA Sapphire
I don't mind waiting until 12 hours before the flight... But two hours is ridiculous. Do we know how often they confirm the upgrade 12 hours ahead vs how often they wait till the last minute?

I bid for a LIM-GRU flight tomorrow. I'd hate having to pay to check my luggage and for lounge access, and then being charged for the upgrade once we get to the gate.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by skyteamelite
I don't mind waiting until 12 hours before the flight... But two hours is ridiculous. Do we know how often they confirm the upgrade 12 hours ahead vs how often they wait till the last minute?

I bid for a LIM-GRU flight tomorrow. I'd hate having to pay to check my luggage and for lounge access, and then being charged for the upgrade once we get to the gate.
It all depends of how many seats are available after upgrading the Top Tier passengers
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: SkyTeam: AF/KL Gold. Star Alliance: CM Gold; AV Gold; UA. OneWorld: BA Sapphire
Originally Posted by Semphyra
It all depends of how many seats are available after upgrading the Top Tier passengers
5 remaining seats, 23 hours before scheduled departure
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by skyteamelite
5 remaining seats, 23 hours before scheduled departure
Just for your reference, I flew on a narrow body a couple of days ago, out of 12 seats there were 4 seats available at the day of departure (after Black upgrades) and I got cleared at the gate
skyteamelite likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 10:45 pm

I'm booked on LA2419 GIG-LIM on May 3 in Y through an rewards booking via AS Mileage Plan. The upgrade bidding to PY ranges from $75 USD (low) to $350 USD (excellent) - a 6 hour flight is right on the edge of me wanting a more comfortable seat but I was wondering if anyone had experience for a decent bid amount?
jdhnyc likes this.
Old May 31, 2023, 4:56 am

Do we know which booking class Plusgrade upgrades map into?
Old Aug 1, 2023, 7:25 am

Guess not then...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.