FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   LATAM | LATAM Pass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass-689/)
-   -   Cancelled FRA-MAD flight today (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass/1986867-cancelled-fra-mad-flight-today.html)

xenole Sep 11, 2019 9:47 am

Cancelled FRA-MAD flight today

Turned up at FRA today for a business class flight to MAD on LA0705 and found it has been cancelled. No info why, just a long queue with no priority.
No emails, texts or phones calls, yet could check in fine yesterday.

What are my rights here? First and last time flying with this lot and want to be clued up when I reach the front of the queue in an hour or two by the look of things.

Got the return flight from MAD-FRA tomorrow and a flight back to London.
At the very least, I'll lose my Madrid hotel tonight if I can't get there. Could always overnight in Frankfurt if push comes to shove but not sure if that's at my expense or theirs?

speed.skater Sep 11, 2019 11:04 am

Your right is to be booked on the next available comparable flight (on LA or not). That is regardless of the reason of the cancellation.

If you can't get out of FRA tonight (I doubt you will be able to unless you've been rebooked already), you also have the right to receive accommodation and food on LA's dime.

Additionally, you may be eligible for compensation (250 EUR). But that depends on other factors.

Another suggestion: LA ground staff (or LA's contractor?) in FRA doesn't rate very highly in my book. Perhaps you are better off calling LA's hotline? Btw, I would make references to EU261 in case they give you a hard time.

xenole Sep 11, 2019 2:47 pm

Well, mostly sorted now.

Just got to the Martim hotel across from the Marriot and next to the Festival hall place.
Given a bag with a carton of water, sandwich, apple and cereal bar.
First pick up back to to the airport is at 7:30am and some later time. Not helpful when my flight is at 6:30am and I need to check in first ;). Will probably have to get a cab and bill LA.

Nice hotel.
Some girl justed knocked gently on the door and said "room service". Thought they'd really pushed the boat out there, but she was gone before I opened the door.
(Now just done it again and vanished almost as soon as I heard "room service" said).
Still took a good 5hrs+ to get sorted.

Now got to see whether I can check in tomorrow.
Did try my booking reference on the Finnair website but it wouldn't work.

speed.skater Sep 11, 2019 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by xenole (Post 31515166)
Now got to see whether I can check in tomorrow.

Obv at the operating airline's counter. As you've been rebooked on IB, that would be the BA/IB check-in desk in T2.

Mwenenzi Sep 11, 2019 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by xenole (Post 31514078)
Turned up at FRA today for a business class flight to MAD on LA0705 and found it has been cancelled. No info why, just a long queue with no priority.
No emails, texts or phones calls, yet could check in fine yesterday.

What are my rights here?
First and last time flying with this lot and want to be clued up when I reach the front of the queue in an hour or two by the look of things

Any idea of the reason for the delay? This is important
Study up on EC261 2004 & duty of care.
Keep mentioning EC261 to LATAM, including in emails

Some EC261 threads. There are others

xenole Sep 13, 2019 12:46 am

Someone over on the BA boards mention the flight arriving into MAD late, so they dropped the FRA sector. Can't say for sure if this is the exact reason though.
It did originally show as "cancelled" through their website but changed to "rescheduled" later.

Going to pursue the compensation (when I figure out how) and need to get a refund of my taxi fare as I seemed to be the only person with a rebooked flight earlier than the 7am first pickup time. Got a receipt from the taxi driver for that.

Added: had an email from them earlier asking me about how the flight was

Anyone know how you go about putting in a compensation claim and requesting the refund of the taxi cab fare?