Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Frequent flyer number changed to LATAMPass automatically

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

Hi, I was wondering if this has been happening to others on this forum. On my recent flights back on LATAM (itinerary was PPT-IPC (stopover)-SCL-GRU) my initially entered BA FQTV number was randomly changed to an old LatamPass number that I never use.
Despite calling ahead of travel to enter my BA number and then asking the twitter team to update my reservation after checking in online, on the day of the IPC-SCL flight my boarding pass showed a LatamPass number but with my Emerald status from BA! I had them change it before departure and my BA account credited appropriately, but I would have been very annoyed if I hadn't caught it (need all TPs to requalify that I can get!)

Does this happen often? I travel a reasonable amount on LATAM these days and it's now the second time this happens to me.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
LATAM has an internal process that searches bookings without frequent travel numbers and assigns them a LATAM Pass number if there is certain confidence that is the same passenger. It shouldn’t overwrite an existent FQTV but I have heard a lot of bugs with this process so your case doesn’t surprise me at all.

Make sure when you are making your reservation that you enter your FQTV. You can add it afterwards (or verify it) at “My Trips” on the website.

Otherwise send a message to the social media team, let them know that this is a recurrent issue and hope for the best.

Good luck!
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks Semphyra, I had indeed entered my BA FQTV upon booking, and reconfirmed it over the phone as well. Strangely it still ended up being overwritten with the LATAM Pass number. No harm done this time around, but will remain vigilent! :-)
Old May 21, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador
Yes! Happened to me today! LATAM agent deleted all of numbers then reenter my AA number. Do ff numbers print out on boarding pass?
Old May 22, 2019, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Yes at least that has been my experience
Old May 23, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
I've also sometimes experienced this automatic propagation of one carriers FQTV onto another carriers' booking. A strange recent example: when I temporarily inserted my CX number into a mixed CX/BA booking (for purposes of upgrading), this CX number suddenly also appeared in an unrelated mixed-carrier booking with BA & LA. It's kinda creepy, actually, how linked these systems are. Anyway - a quick update of both bookings via the Finnair website before checking-in was enough to correct the numbers back to what they should have been, and in both cases, the proper FQTV number* printed on all the boarding passes.

Originally Posted by MarJon
Yes! Happened to me today! LATAM agent deleted all of numbers then reenter my AA number. Do ff numbers print out on boarding pass?
*That said, at least on the LATAM-Brazil boarding passes, instead of printing my complete AAdvantage number, what appeared in the "Frequent Flyer" space is simply the carrier code for AA. When this happens, my experience has been that miles post quite quickly about 80% of the time, but the rest of the time require missing-mileage-requests.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 7:43 pm

Where does one enter/edit frequent flyer information on a LATAM booking? I don't seem to find any links under booking management that lead to passenger information.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 1:40 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by tr3k
Where does one enter/edit frequent flyer information on a LATAM booking? I don't seem to find any links under booking management that lead to passenger information.
If you can't find the option you can also do it at OLCI
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Semphyra
If you can't find the option you can also do it at OLCI
Got it, will wait. Just feels a bit unusual for an airline website in that I can't check any of the passenger information (except for the name).
Old Oct 19, 2020, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tr3k
Got it, will wait. Just feels a bit unusual for an airline website in that I can't check any of the passenger information (except for the name).
Welcome to South American airlines 😅
Old Oct 20, 2020, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Welcome to South American airlines 😅
To be fair, I've got to give LATAM credit for a usable app (except for this no-passenger-information issue). I am used to dealing with Avianca. LATAM's app is definitely a step up, at least in usability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.