Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

PDX - SCL how to add stopover in LIM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:09 am
Original Poster

I found a cheap fare PDX - SCL with the outbound connecting in LAX and LIM

The fare rules show a free stopover is allowed

But when I search multi-city on Lan.com it does not show any available flights from PDX - LIM or PDX - LAX

How can I take advantage of the free stopover allowed on the PDX - SCL fare?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
The multi-city search is quite flaky and doesn't always work.

I'd recommend you choose your flights with Google Flights or ITA Matrix, and then call LATAM to make your booking. They may charge a $25 service fee, but you can argue that since the web doesn't work they should waive that fee

Good luck!
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

I tried calling LATAM 3 times, but none of the agents could find the same fare. They quoted me a price in the thousands, whereas Google Flights quoted $690.

Any other ideas? Otherwise, I'll just have to chalk this one up as an unbookable fare

Here is the itinerary for reference:

https://flights.app.goo.gl/JiALC
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
I tried to price your itinerary on Google ITA Matrix and I got a fare of $4,540. Sadly Google Flights doesn't always have the latest information.

As you can see, it gives a Y full fare on American, and B and M fare on LATAM (the second and third highest)

You can try other dates and maybe get a better fare. As far I see, United is offering a better deal for your selected dates

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.