Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Chance of an earlier flight at BOG?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

I'll be flying Sao Paulo to Medellin via Bogota next month. My current connection is 2.5 hrs long.
I noticed that LA8000 is very often 30 mins ahead of schedule into Bogota. Would I be able to board the earlier flight to MDE if we find ourselves making good time through immigration? Assuming a 30 mins earlier arrival would give us roughly 1.5 hours to connect.

What happens with checked luggage in Bogota on an international-domestic connection? Will it be checked through to Medellin or will I be collecting it in Bogota?

I am OWE if it makes a difference.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Didn't get much luck with my post 2 weeks ago. Trying once more :-). Specifically:
1. How busy is immigration at BOG, when landing at around 6-7pm?
2. Does check lugged on an INT-DOM connection gets transferred directly to final DOM destination in Colombia?
3. Would LATAM at BOG, be willing to move me to an earlier domestic departure to MDE if there is space? I am not on a flexible booking
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mzb00
Didn't get much luck with my post 2 weeks ago. Trying once more :-). Specifically:
1. How busy is immigration at BOG, when landing at around 6-7pm?
2. Does check lugged on an INT-DOM connection gets transferred directly to final DOM destination in Colombia?
3. Would LATAM at BOG, be willing to move me to an earlier domestic departure to MDE if there is space? I am not on a flexible booking
I unfortunately didn't get anyone to answer ahead of travel but in case anyone finds it useful:

1. Immigration at BOG was a breeze at 6:30pm. We went through in less than 5 mins
2. I ended up flying with no checked luggage, but believe the luggage gets transferred directly (at least based on other reports on the internet)
3. LATAM was willing to move me as OWE (after a lot of discussion), but my wife was travelling on a separate ticket with only Ruby status and here the agent was unwilling to help.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mzb00
3. LATAM was willing to move me as OWE (after a lot of discussion), but my wife was travelling on a separate ticket with only Ruby status and here the agent was unwilling to help.
Well, since you only mentioned yourself being OWE before, and never mentioned that your wife who is Ruby was on a separate ticket before this, you might have gotten the wrong answers anyway if someone had tried to answer before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.