Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LATAM short checking bags Argentina?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat

Quick question re bag checking through AEP.

I am flying USH-AEP-SCL-CDG shortly with LAN
My flight USH-AEP is in the afternoon, with a 10am next morning departure AEP onward.
Will I be able to check luggage and collect in AEP or do LATAM insist on checking through? I will be adding some items in Buenos Aires and would be a pain if I can't get the bag back!
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: LH FTL, LATAM Platinum, KL Silver, UA Premier Silver
There should be no problem in short-checking the bags from USH to AEP only, given that this itinerary includes an overnight in BUE.

Nobody will suspect that you have reserved the tag-on to SCL and on to CDG just to obtain a better fare for the domestic leg; haven't you?

Just out of curiosity: will this be a straight SCL - CDG? Then, that last leg must be on AF and I am quite surprised that this was issued in connection with LA flights and not with their Skyteam partner AR. Or will you be going SCL - GRU - CDG (in which case all flights could be LA-operated)?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
SenSCL - thanks - yes it is all LATAM, USH-AEP-SCL-GRU-CDG. 3/4 hours in each of SCL and GRU. Bit crazy, but was significantly cheaper than the AEP-GRU-CDG option!
Am I right that it will be possible to check straight through (bags and me!) SCL and GRU, no need to do immigration / customs in either of those places for transfer?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: LH FTL, LATAM Platinum, KL Silver, UA Premier Silver
Yes, once you (re)check in at SCL, your bags will go straight to CDG via GRU, provided that these flights are all one sole ticket. If not, LA are quite strict in not checking bags on separate PNRs, even if the itinerary is all theirs or OW.

It may even be that you will get all boarding passes at USH already, but you want to make sure that your luggage only travels to SCL that day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.