Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Involuntarily bumped to PE when business class alternative was available

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

I've booked a business fare for my partner and me from MIA to JNB via SCL and GRU. The original flight from SCL to GRU would have been on a 787, so that was cancelled for the all too well known reasons. That flight number would have been LA760. Fair enough. We were rebooked into PE on LA572, which has no business class. So far so bad. This would have been perfectly understandable if there hadn't been an alternative LATAM flight going from SCL to GRU that would have permitted us to catch our connection to JNB. Turns out there's a better connection, and business class availability on LA8027. I contacted twice their call center, but their English is so bad that I got nowhere with my request to be booked on LA8027. I then asked in writing and got an unintelligible reply. Any suggestions how I might be able to fix this? Is there a secret (talk-to-supervisor) number where someone with sound English language capacity and the power to fix our ticket could be reached? We have a bit of time, we're only going in December. I'm OW Emerald (AA), so no status on LATAM. Thanks for any and all informed advice. I read a bit up on LATAM here, so I realize we might have to suck it up, given their useless call center operation, but I thought it's worth a shot. Probably our first and last flight on that airline. Never seen anything like it.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Did you saw a notification into your booking online ? You will get a fly option but you will need to confirm it, if you havent, go to your online booking and go to the banner that says confirm your new fly, in the bottom you will see that the you can choose more fly options.

If not, seen me a private with your booking number and i can change it for your, for Latam Platinum or more you have another contact center that is quitte better.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks much for your reply. I will privately message you. Regardless of that, what happened was that I received an email from LATAM telling me about the flight change. When I called their call center I was basically given the option to accept or cancel the booking. Given that we had already booked a hotel and made other plans for the week in South Africa, cancelling wasn't an option. It is possible that the conversation ran into trouble because of English language issues at the LATAM end, so my question about alternative flights that feature a business class section sank without a trace. Anyhow, will send you my details. Thanks again.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
LA572 is SCL-BOG flight and B787. They do have a business class. LA8027 is SCL-GRU and depend of the configuration of A32x they do have a business class or premium economy. Same seat but when sold as business class, they do have a catering, when premium economy they do not. As usual, my flight schedule was changed too(flights on March). They put me other flight from SCL which requires stopover in SCL although still selling the seats to flight that I purchased. Not much help from US phone line. Now going again to airline office to solve the issue.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
LA8027 was flown for a long period with the TAM 777; the last time I took this flight (June), it was with the 767, which has J service.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Got my ticket re-issued. When they offer new flights then be sure that booking class is Z or other business booking class,not P which is Premium Economy and means Airbus 32x. One on my domestic flight was changed to T instead of Y, so got changed that too.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: Latampass, Arplus, AAdvantage, Le Club Accor
Latam Autoprotección

For these cases when your flight is cancelled or the time of the flight changes, you can use the Autoprotección service which allows you to see the other available flights for your route and choose the most convenient one.

https://www.latam.com/es_ar/apps/per...utoproteccion/

There used to be a chat but it is not available any more.

You may be able to choose a flight with business class available on that web page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.