Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lantam Booking Classes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2018, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Lantam Booking Classes

Please can someone help - going round in circles on their website.

we have a long haul flight where were are economy Q and an internal Peru flight which is economy B.

Trying to sort out how much luggage without adding extra cost - but Lantam website seems to use promo, light, plus and top when saying what hold bags are free.

It's probably a basic question to most of you - but I just can't find which one equates to Q and B

thanks in advance
Sharon
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: LH FTL, LATAM Platinum, KL Silver, UA Premier Silver
Yes, booking classes are a fuzzy thing with LATAM nowadays.

Please take this with a pinch of salt, but Q should be one of the more entry level booking classes. It definitely does not allow for upgrade via coupons or miles, but as a long haul, should (still) include at least one piece of luggage of 23 kg (this can of course change depending on your origin and potential OW status).

B for the domestic leg sounds like a more premium booking class, at least from the plus basket, and should entitle you to one bag as well.

If these are booked as one ticket, the international allowance should be the one that also rules the domestic bit.

However, 100% reliable information can be obtained through your local LATAM customer service.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:42 am
Original Poster

cheers thanks - thought it was just me who was finding it all way too confusing
Old Mar 17, 2021, 9:37 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Any idea what is the fare code for Chilean domestic deep discount economy basic fares ?

I am interested to know if I can get miles from Alaska Airlines MP for one of these fares.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 1:48 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
LATAM currently uses Fare Brands in order to do their price segmentation. The Deep Discount fares or the Basic brand (under the QP code on the fare basis) can belong to multiple classes and even some pretty higher ones like K or N

In other words, it depends on the exact fare you are booking since there is not direct correlation. If you are buying through LATAM.com I don't think you can get a look at the booking class any longer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.