Wiki Posts
Search

Last name first, Problem?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2018, 4:07 pm
FSU
Original Poster

Last name first, Problem?

So, just booked an intra Ecuador flight, GPS to GYE. Used google flights which sent me to the Latam website, in Spanish. Booked the tickets, but my last name is listed as the first name. Then my first name and my middle name.
Any thoughts on whether this will be a problem? All names are correct.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 4:35 pm

This is often a problem. I would recommend rebooking. Perhaps call the help desk.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: Latampass Black
pjcarly is right. You could be denied boarding. I'd call the call center & walk them through it. They should be able to cancel your existing booking & make another with the name correctly listed.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:26 pm
FSU
Original Poster

An update. Since this was in intra Ecuador flight, there was no issue having our names backwards. But, since I used the Spanish website, I wasn't aware that I booked an "Ecuador citizens only" fare. This was an issue and cost an extra $150 penalty, per ticket, at the airport.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExP 1MM, Smiles/GOL Diamond, TudoAzul/AZUL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by FSU
. But, since I used the Spanish website, I wasn't aware that I booked an "Ecuador citizens only" fare. This was an issue and cost an extra $150 penalty, per ticket, at the airport.
Ouch! Is there any indication on the site that the passenger is buying a citizens only fare?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:43 pm
FSU
Original Poster

Originally Posted by broland
Ouch! Is there any indication on the site that the passenger is buying a citizens only fare?
Yes, but it was in Spanish, so I did not see/realize it. Google flights directed me to the Spanish site.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
With today's online translation abilities and websites offering the ability to switch languages one should not make such an important transaction in the foreign language. The citizen-only fares are also father common in South America. Cost my brother a pretty penny his first trip to Peru 15+ years ago but he knew about it and thought he could game the system.

Originally Posted by FSU
Yes, but it was in Spanish, so I did not see/realize it. Google flights directed me to the Spanish site.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 4:43 pm
FSU
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
With today's online translation abilities and websites offering the ability to switch languages one should not make such an important transaction in the foreign language. The citizen-only fares are also father common in South America. Cost my brother a pretty penny his first trip to Peru 15+ years ago but he knew about it and thought he could game the system.
Not upset at Latam, mistake was on me. Didn't think I needed to translate the page as all I did was enter my name and make a payment (of course I entered my name backward so it would have been a good idea)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.