Wiki Posts
Search

LATAM online check in glitch

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2018, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
LATAM online check in glitch

I have a flight available for online check in but the system will not let me check in. It gives me the red "check in" button and retrieves my info but then it says I have to "fill in my details." It then takes me to an info screen where everything is filled in except my emergency contact. So I fill it in, save, and ... it takes me back to the screen that says to "fill in my details," over and over. Has anyone else had this problem? I have tried multiple browsers, waiting several hours and trying again, exiting out after the save (this erases my newly entered emergency contact info), etc. This is an award ticket, if that matters. Will I just have to wait til I get to the airport to check in, or is there any other way out of this infinite loop? Thanks for any help!
Old Mar 15, 2018, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Who issued the award ticket? When I book AS awards on LA, AS doesn't send enough info over for OLCI to be successful (it will work on subsequent segments after the first docs verified check in).
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Who issued the award ticket? When I book AS awards on LA, AS doesn't send enough info over for OLCI to be successful (it will work on subsequent segments after the first docs verified check in).
Mine was LATAM, husband's was AA. Same story for both. Maybe it will work on the return. Thanks for the reply.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Maykita
I have a flight available for online check in but the system will not let me check in. It gives me the red "check in" button and retrieves my info but then it says I have to "fill in my details." It then takes me to an info screen where everything is filled in except my emergency contact. So I fill it in, save, and ... it takes me back to the screen that says to "fill in my details," over and over. Has anyone else had this problem? I have tried multiple browsers, waiting several hours and trying again, exiting out after the save (this erases my newly entered emergency contact info), etc. This is an award ticket, if that matters. Will I just have to wait til I get to the airport to check in, or is there any other way out of this infinite loop? Thanks for any help!
I had the same issue a while back. If I remember correctly, it was because some detail was missing or perhaps a space after my email address. Of course, LATAM does not highlight whats missing - You have to guess. It's not related to the emergency contact though, because I don't have it
Old Mar 16, 2018, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cphflyer_EB
I had the same issue a while back. If I remember correctly, it was because some detail was missing or perhaps a space after my email address. Of course, LATAM does not highlight whats missing - You have to guess. It's not related to the emergency contact though, because I don't have it
Thanks! I finally got it to work. It did require me to fill in my emergency contact for some reason, but your reply made me realize that it might not be "taking" due to how I was formatting the phone number. I discoverd that the system would only progress to the next stage after it showed a green check mark after each field (including emergency contact and phone number). For me, this required not only experimenting with formatting but also experimenting with the order of filling things out. The key was to keep tinkering, including clicking in already-completed fields after filling out other fields, until a green check mark showed for every field. Only then would clicking "save" allow me to progress.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.