Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Latam Peru resident fare

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2018, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Latam Peru resident fare

In previous posts there were mentions that Latam Peru recently abandoned their Peru residency requirements for cheaper tickets. Today when I wanted to buy a ticket on Latam Peru, there was still warning that only residents can buy this discounted ticket. So the previous information was wrong or?
thanks
Old Feb 1, 2018, 4:55 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
can you mention the exact message you are seeing? there is no longer any residency restrictions for domestic Peruvian tickets on LATAM and I haven't seen the message/warning since the change.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Few minutes ago I received an email from Latam confirming that there are no residency restrictions anymore so I bought the ticket, even though the warning appeared again during the process of booking.I used the Peruvian Spanish site.

This is is the message: "la tarifa que seleccionaste es exclusiva para residentes. El dia de tu vuelo tendras que acreditar esta condicion en nuestros mostradores o se podria cobrar una multa."
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Karol100
Few minutes ago I received an email from Latam confirming that there are no residency restrictions anymore so I bought the ticket, even though the warning appeared again during the process of booking.I used the Peruvian Spanish site.

This is is the message: "la tarifa que seleccionaste es exclusiva para residentes. El dia de tu vuelo tendras que acreditar esta condicion en nuestros mostradores o se podria cobrar una multa."
I received this same message when booking LIM-CUZ on the Peruvian Spanish site last week--it popped up before I got to the passenger details page.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
No pop-up

There is no longer a pop-up on the LATAM Peru website.
Can anyone report success purchasing there with a foreign card and, more importantly, a trouble-free flight? Thanks
Old Apr 2, 2018, 8:39 am
Original Poster

I didn’t have any problem using foreign card. My flight is on May 8th.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:34 pm

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Originally Posted by Karol100
I didn’t have any problem using foreign card. My flight is on May 8th.
What card did you use? The LA website says that it may only handle a Visa issued in Peru and a Mastercard. Another option may be to use travel websites based in Peru, such as eDestinos or Atrapalo, but I am not sure how reliable they are.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

I booked directly on the Peruvian site using my in Slovakia issued MasterCard.
Old May 7, 2018, 8:22 am

Karol: With your flight coming up soon, please post back and let us know how it went. Anecdotal evidence elsewhere seems to indicate you'll have no problem, but it's still a question that people are asking on other forums. Thanks in advance.
Old May 8, 2018, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by londinense
Karol: With your flight coming up soon, please post back and let us know how it went. Anecdotal evidence elsewhere seems to indicate you'll have no problem, but it's still a question that people are asking on other forums. Thanks in advance.
I just landed in Cuzco this morning and all went fine. I bought fare with only carry on, but with Oneworld Emerald I could check in luggage for free.
Old May 8, 2018, 12:05 pm

Thanks Karol. Enjoy Cusco
Old May 8, 2018, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by londinense
Thanks Karol. Enjoy Cusco
Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.