Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Buying LATAM Tickets from Different POS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...

Hi all

I'm looking at doing an open jaw LIM-JUL/CUZ-LIM. Now if I can get these on ba.com using Avios then all will be good but I may end up having to shell out some cash which is also fine.

I can price up the above itinerary on ITA Matrix for about a quarter of the price of the LATAM website. I have heard that in some South American countries they have local fares for local people.

If I bought a ticket using the Matrix fare would I run into trouble later on?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:40 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
LATAM has eliminated residency restrictions on Peruvian domestic tickets as of December 26th, so you shouldn't have a problem if you buy the ticket with a Peruvian POS (low fare).
Do take note that lowest fares (promo or light) are hand baggage only.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Thank you!

Which fare buckets are the HBO tickets?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:31 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Promo is indicated by "SN" and Light is "SL" on the 4th and 5th positions of the fare basis. Fare buckets can be different "branded fares", you can't tell from the first position letter.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks

The matrix fares are coming out as Light. Is there any way to force it to throw out a non HBO ticket? I notice that on the website there is Light and Flex. Are those the only two options?
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:16 am
Ambassador, LATAM

I think multicity on the LATAM website prices out the lowest fare option (Light usually).

Branded fares can be Promo, Light, Flex or Top. I know there are commands to price with fare basis on Matrix but I'm not sure if there's an option to select branded fares... I use Sabre at the office.) Do any of the OTA give out the different options?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I’ll have a check. Otherwise I’ll just book a Flex ticket on the website. It’s not an outrageous amount of money and it’s the last ticket in the itinerary!
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:10 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Are you getting options for selecting FLEX on the Peru website or is it just giving out FLEX because it's the cheapest available?

when I see regular round trips the US website offers "control" (1 bag) and "flex" (2 bags), but I think that they are referring to what on the Peru website would correspond to "flex" and "top"...
Old Jan 30, 2018, 3:17 am
Original Poster

I am on the UK website. I can see Light and Flex. I have been waiting to see if I could get the ticket on miles/ Avios but nothing so far. I am flying LIM-JUL then taking the train to Cusco and then CUZ-LIM. This is for the LIM-JUL leg. I have the CUZ-LIM flight already booked on miles (Avios). Actually I’m not sure if I have to pay for baggage on that flight but with the Flex I do.
I’ll book the Flex. I get luggage and it is cancellable if an Avios ticket comes along at a later date!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.