Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Black and B. Signature new qualificaction rules impact

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Black and B. Signature new qualificaction rules impact

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by AlexMC
The domestic competition is real nowadays. Gol is operating under Delta decisions and its a fact that they have a much better service and they are much more friendly to costumers than Latam. They've got many corporate contracts too. Avianca Brazil is always cheaper and has (much) more space for passengers in its airplanes and still offers a ok quality food service in every flight.
Right there ! The keyword is competition. Unfortunately there in no real competition in Chile at the moment (especially for corporate sector). Sky Airlines, Jetsmart ? They are not real contenders. LATAM has the largest network, best time slots, much better international coverage, Easter Island monopoly, etc.. And this is especially important when it come to corporate travels. Therefore at the moment here in Chile we basically have very little choice if you want reliable and balanced connection throughout the country with a possibility to connect overseas. If you're lucky to live in Santiago, then you're more flexible for sure, but it's more difficult for the regions.

Now, speaking about Brazil. Yes, economy of the country isn't in great shape, but come on ! You've got a population of ~200 mil people ! Our ski resorts near Santiago, and the whole Patagonia and Atacama is full of wealthy Brazilians. I don't believe economic factor is only to blame here. I don't know, perhaps TAM had something they put on the table during the negotiations of merging, but Brazilian now are in much more favorable conditions that we are here in Chile and I am not entirely convinced it's all about economy only.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExP 1MM, Smiles/GOL Diamond, TudoAzul/AZUL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Carolinas
I don't know, perhaps TAM had something they put on the table during the negotiations of merging, but Brazilian now are in much more favorable conditions that we are here in Chile and I am not entirely convinced it's all about economy only.
Nope, nothing on the table by TAM. They were struggling financially and very relieved when LAN took an interest in merging. It was like a "please, please, please, let's merge, please" on part of TAM.
AlexMC likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:05 am

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Originally Posted by broland
Nope, nothing on the table by TAM. They were struggling financially and very relieved when LAN took an interest in merging. It was like a "please, please, please, let's merge, please" on part of TAM.
Fully of topic, but the merge with Tam, was the worse Lan business decision ever, Lan is loosing money daily by helping the Brasilian situation. I think it was a better idea just to wait a bit more and just buy Tam.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.